Recommand Weatherbeeta Rocky

lamprellsarah

horsey and happy
Jul 21, 2000
Ware (in Hertfordshire)
www.homestead.com
I bought my mare a Weatherbeeta Rocky about 4 weeks ago, i didn't expect it to last a week before she ripped it, and with all this wet weather i thought it would be soaked though when i went to change it, because she lives out 24 hours. But i have fell in love with this rug it hasn't leaked once, it dries really quickly, it hasn't ripped it doesn't need leg straps! it always stays in place, none of her others have! It doesn't rub, and it looks warm and really cosy! Now i have got one everyone at our stables likes it and now half the horses are out in them.
So any one looking for a good cheap rug i would recommand the Weatherbeeta Rocky.

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice - I'm just in the process of looking at rugs and will take your comments into account. Are there any of you out there that have bought the type of rug that can be used as a stable and turnout rug combined? Can't remember make off the top of my head, but have seen a couple in catalogues that are dual purpose, and was wondering about the quality of these.

Do most of you use basic canvas NZ rugs, or do you have the breathable turnout rugs?

(I feel like I'm doing a consumer survey here!!)

And ... finally ... if I'm buying a separate stable rug, what weight of filling should I go for? There are so many different ones around it is difficult to know what to buy for the best!

I use the breathable ones canvas are not normally as warm they are also very heavy and when you have to pick them up and carry them around they can kill your arms!
A few of my friend use dual purpose they aren't bad! But i still perfer useing seperate ones.

My really old Haffy (27) has been treated to a Rambo. We had the heaviest rain for a long time about a week ago, which actually caused some flooding, this is almost unheard of in Shetland! When I got the old foool in, I was utterly astonished to find the rug had not let a drop of water in! Thankfully he's very good with his rugs and has never torn one in his life, so he's a good risk for an expensive rug.

Fal do dual purpose rugs and the quality is excellent. What weight you go for really depends on how cold your horse gets. Fal also do an under rug, so if you went for one of theirs you could buy a lighter weight one and then put the under rug on if it wasn't enough.

newrider.com