Reccomendations of dressage legal treeless saddles :)

KCB

Dec 1, 2013
Hey Guys,

Can anyone reccomend any dressage legal treeless saddles? Either GP or Dressage style would be fine, I am ideally interested in the Barefoot Barrydale.

the barefoot saddles are all essentially the same underneath - decent quality treeless saddles. if your horses gets on with them, they're nice (I had one imported from Germany many moons ago before treeless really 'took off' in the UK), recently sold it to YO, it's still going strong!). I know of people who also liked the HM saddles and the Solution ones.

The Torsion is approved by BD as is the Solution. I don't know of any actual rule that says you can't compete in a treeless, but I believe it needs to look conventional. If I competed I would use my Freeform and not think anything of it, it looks fairly classical.
I would have been allowed to use a treeless in my exams, but not a bit less.

Last edited:
From the 2014 rule book.

"English or continental saddles are mandatory and must be brown, black, grey or navy, treeless saddles are permitted but brightly coloured saddles are not, nor are western style, traditional Iberian or Arabian with a raised pommel and or cantle"

Last edited:
newrider.com