reccomend me rugs for rug rippers ....

SavingGrace

Jun 27, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow...
I stood and watched some of the boisterous youngsters in Grace's field and think I have work out where the rip on her Axiom 1200denier 300gm turnout came from... They seem to have great pleasure in each other round the field by the rugs :frown:

Poor grace was stood there minding her own business when Pippa grabbed her rug and tried to drag her across the field unfortunately for Pippa Grace was quite adament she was staying put where she was :happy:

Poor rug too!!! Problem is you won't get a huge amount higher than 1200 denier against ripping - perhaps toothguard for Pippa!!

Used to spend a fortune replacing rugs that came in with the filling hanging out of them... then I bought Premier Equine. I think the denier is something like 1600-1800... it's certainly MUCH higher than anything else I found.

Now I see them grab him and pull him by his rug still but he can happily ignore them and not have any holes in his pyjamas lol :happy:

Spoke to my yard owner this evening about it and she has told me she is going to move Grace into the other livery group. They are a more mature bunch but although Grace is a youngster she is very laidback and is always seen stuffing her face with the others galloping about mad. I am waiting on the premier equine sale coming up a few friends suggested them. Thanks x

Spoke to my yard owner this evening about it and she has told me she is going to move Grace into the other livery group. They are a more mature bunch but although Grace is a youngster she is very laidback and is always seen stuffing her face with the others galloping about mad. I am waiting on the premier equine sale coming up a few friends suggested them. Thanks x

SG I have an email from them with special offers in and a link to get 10% discount.. if you want it then PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you :happy:

You could possibly try spraying the rugs with a bad tasting spray so it doesnt taste that nice! Once they've experienced the nasty taste a few times, they might not bother so you wont have to spray them every day!

We tried this....poor pony came in with the tip of his ear ripped instead of the rug! :hot::frown:

(He's fine by the way, his 'big brother' has a matching one, same ear and everything....it would appear their 'little brother' - who is not so little! - has a penchant for ear biting!)

newrider.com