Reccomend me a saddle!

Chestnutter

Aug 3, 2007
West Yorkshire
As I'm 40 soon (!) my OH has promised me a new saddle for my birthday. I currently have a Wintec Synthetic saddle which I don't really like. I don't find it particularly comfortable.

I'm looking for a leather saddle to fit Rosie who's Cleveland Bay x TB. I have about £800 to spend. Any suggestions? This will be the first saddle I've gone out and bought as I've previously bought saddle with the horse!

I'm going to buy a new bridle as well and quite fancy a hunter type if that makes any difference. Oh, and I fancy doing a bit of dressage too!
ChesterRosieKaiMay09105.jpg

This is the girl in question!

Any advice/suggestions gratefully received!

I'd get a good local saddler with a lot of second hand saddles out to play around and see what suits her.
I'd look for a really good second hand leather saddle as opposed to an OK new leather saddle.

God how lucky are you, when I mention my 40th birthday pressie I just get that eye rolling to back of head look.

Good luck finding a saddle, lovely horse by the way.

I'd get a good local saddler with a lot of second hand saddles out to play around and see what suits her.
I'd look for a really good second hand leather saddle as opposed to an OK new leather saddle.

Took the words out of my mouth!

ideal and jeffries are a good make :) for a bridle you could try kis vihar on here :D
if you want to do a bit of everything and dressage i'd go for a working hunter type saddle - i didn't like the VSD i had - was trying to be too many things and failed at all of them for me! :eek:
honey is v similar build and colour and dark havana looks v nice on her ;)

*whispers v quietly* check the black country over v well though if you go down that route - the one i trialled had the flaps on about ½inch height different each side!!! and few other bits of bad workmanship.... may have been an anomoly but certainly made me wary!
barnsby another good make though :)

*whispers v quietly* check the black country over v well though if you go down that route - the one i trialled had the flaps on about ½inch height different each side!!! and few other bits of bad workmanship.... may have been an anomoly but certainly made me wary!
barnsby another good make though :)

Gosh thats a surprise:eek: - but as you say can happen

How about a Wow?

.....just coincidence that I have one for sale honest!

Can recommend Keith from Wetherby master saddler, came out to me so would probably come to you too.

newrider.com