Reccomend a bridle

I know they're pretty expensive but stubben are brilliant, I have one for Toby (it came with him when I bought him from a riding school so god knows how old it is) but even so it hasn't stretched or cracked at all :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Lil Chicken - I had a look at the stubben ones but either couldn't find any that I liked / couldn't find stockists - even online.

Denisextilly - Thanks for the suggestion. Had no idea there was anyone on here that did bridle-making. I have given suggestions of what I think i want after seeing the samples (and they are stunning).

Too many choices - I might have to go for two!! Got a lot of sucking up to people, I think. Lol. I am so excited as I bought her first bridle for £13 at a sale cause I wasn't sure if I was keeping her and she wasn't backed at that point. She has another one that's started cracking etc after one year :( so this is a real treat for her.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Denisextilly - Thanks for the suggestion. Had no idea there was anyone on here that did bridle-making. I have given suggestions of what I think i want after seeing the samples (and they are stunning).

Too many choices - I might have to go for two!! Got a lot of sucking up to people, I think. Lol. I am so excited as I bought her first bridle for £13 at a sale cause I wasn't sure if I was keeping her and she wasn't backed at that point. She has another one that's started cracking etc after one year :( so this is a real treat for her.

Glad I could help:D:)

I second Kis Vihar. Have this bridle from them, designed to my spec, it has an all in one comfort headpiece:

bridleKarin011.jpg

bridleKarin008.jpg

bridleKarin013.jpg

bridleKarin027.jpg

bridleKarin029.jpg

bridleKarin031.jpg

It's beautiful, and buttery soft. Fits perfectly too (the reason the cheekpieces are high and not central is because we changed bits to one with bigger rings than what I measured for them to make the bridle from - so our doing, not theirs =])

I can't recommend their work, nor their first-rate service highly enough. I don't go anywhere else for my tack 'needs' now (excluding saddles =]) :D :D

I have the cavesson version of the Elevator bridle - very soft leather and nicely made! My horse has quite a fine head and it doesn't swamp him. I love it!

Kis Vihar! Her and Paul made me one and it's the nicest bridle I've ever seen :D Beautiful soft leather, made to measure and you can have it however you want. And amazing service of course! Here it is:

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

GeAttachmentaspx.jpg

etAttachmentaspx.jpg

(I realised after these pictures below that the noseband was sitting wonky and adjusted it, but Kizzy stopped posing for the camera sadly! :()
DSC06385.jpg

DSC06386.jpg

Yumyumyum, what a beaut! :D

Last edited:
newrider.com