Racehorse careers

ponies-R-gr8!!!

Me and a fat ginger pony!
Jul 27, 2006
Northants UK
Hiya, i think i have definately decided to work in the racing industry once i have done my A levels. I am trying to decide whether i should take the Breeding option or the racing option. The breeding option is working as a stud hand etc, and the racing option would be being a groom/trainer etc. What does everyone think would be the best option because i wouldnt mind doing both lol but obviously i can only choose one:rolleyes:

have a look on the northern racing college or the british racing schools website (www.northernracingcollege.co.uk www.brs.org.uk)
i dunno about the BRS but according to my friend the NRC is a 'right laugh' - ignore him :rolleyes:

My old YO was an assistant trainer and hes up working 5.30 till 5.30 7 days a week with 1 sunday out of 2 off. Its hard but sooo worth it.

basically, if you go into the breeding side, you dont ride, the training side, you ride out on a morning with the lads usually (but my friend gives the nutters to the apprentise jockeys smart man ;))

Yeah cwr is right look up at either of those colleges, NRC is good i went there for a bit, um not sure about BRS though, but my friend is there and he reckons its great. Racing is a hard way of life but is definately worth it in the end.
xXx

I would go and ride out for a trainer for a few weeks and decide if its for you, and then the trainer will decide wether to put you to one of the racing schools...there is also one in Scotland, but cannot remember the name of it...If you want any advice on a career with racing just ask...

newrider.com