Question for Mountain Horse Boot Owners!

jroz

Mar 29, 2005
I just received my first pair of Mountain Horse (High Rider II) boots today...and found them to be larger than what I had anticipated! Normally I wear anywhere from a 7.5 - 8 (US size) but I try to air on the side of caution and go with a size 8. Mountain Horse boots only come in full sizes, so I chose a 8. There is so much room that I can wear a normal pair of socks + a THICK pair of winter socks (and they are a wee bit too high behind my knee) so I am wondering if I should exchange them for a 7? (And hope they are about a 7.5?)

My question is, have you found that these boots run larger, and you have to get a size smaller than your regular sneaker size? :confused:

i would say they are slightly larger. i only have little feet anyway ( 3 or 4 :eek:) and wide calves ( fat legs!) so i went for mountain horse coz of the generous size options. wouldnt have another pair of long boots other than these though, i love em :D

you should get a size smaller... they are mahoosive!! I had a pair, and loved them lots... but I wore them into the ground and they eventually fell apart after 2 and a half years hard usage! you should look after the ankle part well cos when they are not shiny new anymore the ankle ruffles and they rub together and eventually wear a hole in them!

I got a pair of Tuffa ones now, in brown and theyre pretty comfy .. and theyre fur lined!! :D

mine are bigger than I thought too but I kept them. I would exchange them or try the other size at least.

They definitely come up too big!
My long boots are too big as well (i got 42's instead of 41's because they were a total bargain) but its actually not too bad. I wear thick socks which stop my foot sliding, and although they're a bit loose round my ankles and calves the leather's good enough quality that it hasn't stretched or gone saggy.

i wear a 6 to 6 1/2 normally but have 5 1/2 in mountain horse and they are still big. i am also wearing the slimmest leg fitting despite always thinking i have normal average legs.

Hi, I've got the Mountain Horse Sportive high riders. I take size 3.5 narrow fit in both foot and leg - they come in half sizes and are slimmer fitting than the regular ones. I'm on my second pair - they're great!

So the new pair of boots came today and the definitely fit better. :D
However...the brown is totally different from the first pair!!!:eek:

The size 8's looked like a distressed brown, and the 7's look like a sable brown! :confused: Is this common?? I really wanted the darker brown...not sure what to do now!

newrider.com