Question about riding boots

brendanlindsay

Novice!!!!!!
May 13, 2006
Bury, Lancashire
hey all,

Just a quick question about riding boots, are they unisex? I've been looking at getting some mountain horse boots but i cant work out if there suitable for men and women? Also i don't wear jods (to maintain a small element of not looking daft!) so can you wear riding boots with jeans? or would they be too tight fitting? Or could i wear jeans over the top?

Sorry for the boring question!!

brendan

Riding boots are unisex, generally. MH ones certainly are. As for whether you can wear them over your jeans...it depends how wide your calves are. Assuming your calves are "normal" width, you might be able to put a fairly wide-fitting pair of boots over jeans. Why not get some mens' breeches, they are a bit more forgiving than jods and look more "right" with long boots than jeans.

If you're going to wear your jeans over your boots, why not just get short boots?

I wear mountain horse high rider II's with jods and also with my boot cut jeans either folded into the boot or over the top if I'm away from the yard.

It depends on how snug they are, but there is some expansion in the elasticy bit.

newrider.com