Question about dressage times!

MaisieMoo

Oct 19, 2007
C and I are entering our first dressage tests next month - doing BD Intro A and Prelim 13.

Are the times usually assigned on a first come/first serve basis or are you able to request a certain time period (i.e. am or pm) or is it just a random selection?

Also, do they usually factor in how may tests you are riding on the day and try and give you times that are closer together?

Many thanks

K

Yes and Yes to your questions, in BD you are able to ask if you could slotted a time at the beg / middle / end - they will try and meet your request but depends on how many entries etc

And yes they normally also try to space out the times between classes if you have more than one class entered, but same again really depends on how many entries and other peoples requests.

The organisers normally do their best :)

They usually try to be helpful with times!
e.g. if I'm doing walk/trot + prelim, I ask to be at the end of the walk/trot class and the start of the prelim, so that I can use the first as a warm-up and not loose activity, etc, between classes. If I have two prelim classes, however, I like to get her bridle off for 20 - 30 minutes & watering her, before warming up for the second class.

Thank you - I'm sending my entry off tomorrow - the test isn't until 4th April so I'm giving them plenty of notice. I'll put a note on the form asking if I can be at the end of the Intro and begining of the Prelim - save too much hanging around.:)

C and I are entering our first dressage tests next month - doing BD Intro A and Prelim 13.

Are the times usually assigned on a first come/first serve basis or are you able to request a certain time period (i.e. am or pm) or is it just a random selection?

Also, do they usually factor in how may tests you are riding on the day and try and give you times that are closer together?

Many thanks

K

They usually take into account what classes you are doing.

If the classes run after each other then they will keep your times closer together that spilt them up.

newrider.com