QOD - 24/01/2013 - If you could choose any 3 people to have dinner with?

candyflosspot

bossy boots
Sep 7, 2010
Sheffield
who would you choose and what are your reasons why. You can have people that are alive or dead (you can choose a member of your family if you wish). Its up to you :)

Last edited:
I would have;
FIL who died when we were 21 - so much I would like to talk about with him. OH missed out on so much with him - would be nice to natter and see how we got on later in life.
Jesus - was he wasn't he?!!! I am of mixed views religion wise - plus if he could keep the wine flowing all the better ... hehe (hope I have not offended anybody!)
John Lennon - great music, great philosopher, interesting guy all round!

My daughter, her twin sister that was still born and my oh (might have to sneak my step daughter in too) it would be our only meal together as a family.

Id like a meal, with lots of Red wine with!..

Bill Bailey
Micheal Mcintrye
and lastly Brendan O'Carroll
All people that I find quite comical !

Gosh it is so difficult to narrow it down to only three....I think a good diner party needs a dozen guests!

But if I am really restricted it would have to be....

Oscar Wilde - he was a cousin of my great grandmother and I suspect I have a close relative who is probably a very nearly genetic clone and would love to see if my suspicions are correct!:biggrin:

My oldest son whom I lost for 5 years of his and my life when we suspected he was probably dead - I am glad to say he is very much alive and with us now and I just cant see enough of him and would secretly love to share every dinner with him, but happily he has a very full and rewarding life of his own and wouldn't be that keen on constant dinners with the family. especially his doting mother!:redcarded:

My maternal Grandmother who died in childbirth in her mid twenties and it would seem she was an extremely independent and unusual lady for that time in history - I would love to hear some of her opinions on the world and life in general.:smile:

Bill Bailey because as funny.
Michael Palin because he's funny and must have some amazing tales to tell.
and either Alex O'Loughlin, because he's just eye candy or my hubby because he's both funny and yummy... Can I have four please.
Actually there are one or two people on here I'd love to have a dinner party with so can we make it say seven or eight?

Hmmmm I would choose;

Lee Evans for comedy value
Peter Andre for eye candy
Channing Tatum for more eye candy :wink:

Robert Winston
Steven Fry
Steven Hawkins

Then I'd sit back and steadily get very drunk and enjoy being very confused at their conversation!

I'd have dinner with:
My Grandpa (he died when I was 16 so would like him to see where I am nearly 9 years on)
Mary King (she is just brilliant)
Bill Bailey (because he is also brilliant and hilarious too boot - he could provide some entertainment after!)

newrider.com