QOD 07/02/2013 - What Was the Last Thing You Made?

My sewing machine died a death a couple of years ago (one horse rug repair too many for an old machine :redface:) but I have made HUNDREDS of things with it - clothes for me, my kids, little cottage industry of dresses and matching hats for little girls when they were the fashion, bedding, curtains, drapes for a four poster bed, cushion covers etc.

I know you said no food so I won't tell you that I made the cake as it was "only" a Betty Crocker Devil's Food mix anyway and they never go wrong BUT I did decorate it thusly....

IMG-20130131-02606_zpsb120ac3b.jpg

.... for my daughter's 22nd birthday at the weekend and I'm rather proud to say that I was VERY strong-willed and didn't have a slice (dieting for Joey) so I thought it was worth a mention :smile:

AND NO DROOLING!!!!

My sewing machine died a death a couple of years ago (one horse rug repair too many for an old machine :redface:) but I have made HUNDREDS of things with it - clothes for me, my kids, little cottage industry of dresses and matching hats for little girls when they were the fashion, bedding, curtains, drapes for a four poster bed, cushion covers etc.

I know you said no food so I won't tell you that I made the cake as it was "only" a Betty Crocker Devil's Food mix anyway and they never go wrong BUT I did decorate it thusly....

IMG-20130131-02606_zpsb120ac3b.jpg

.... for my daughter's 22nd birthday at the weekend and I'm rather proud to say that I was VERY strong-willed and didn't have a slice (dieting for Joey) so I thought it was worth a mention :smile:

AND NO DROOLING!!!!

It is simply the best chocolate cake ever - ie tried heaps of chocolate cake recipes but I can never beat the devil cake mix by Betty :( it is amazing, and like you say never comes out "a bit iffy"

Oooh, good thread!

Hmm. Last thing I made....................
A fox for OH's model railway set up. I have made him from modelling clay - he just needs painting now. He's going to hide in the bushes - I wonder if people will spot him? I will post a photo soon.

Last thing I made that wasn't business related was: I handspun wool fiber on my spinning wheel and then knitted a scarf and hat from it.
Bah that sounds super boring! lol

I love making things but haven't done anything for ages. I bought a new sewing machine January 2012 and its still in the box!

I seriously need to get my creative hat back on.

I made a tote bag! In fact I made two, one for my Mum & one for my sister for Christmas. I went & brought fabric especially & everything! My auntie gave me her no longer wanted & not much used sewing machine which I'm having a lot of fun with!

Here's a picture of my sister's bag - suitable for use in Australia! This one was more of a beach bag size compared to the one I made Mum.

photo25_zps24d661f6.jpg

I'm quite creative & really enjoy making things & improving our home. I'm currently sorting out photos to get framed & put up around the house. I'm also going to be making some easy cushion covers to go in our living room with some fabric I found on sale. Will also make cushion covers for our garden furniture in spring - and of course, bunting!

Last edited:
newrider.com