Probably failed !

Did the BHS stage 1 the other day..

I think the last time I was that nervous was when I did my driving test!

I completely messed up the feed equation, completely and that was one of the compulsory bits:confused:

I have my own horse and am pretty clued up with care, but being watched all the time I nearly fell to pieces, it took me ages to put the tail bandage on :eek:

Well, can i say first of all, well done for trying. You probably have more guts then im ever gunna have, and I am sure you have passed.

The amount of tests I have done, and i was absolultly posetivly completly sure that i would fail, all the time I passed!

Im sure you didnt do as bad as you think. You mentiond the two things you think you did wrong, and tbh, they sound quite small things. And with the tail bandage, im sure the examiner would of prephered to see a well put on bandage, that took a while, then a rushed, badly done one. Im sure i wouldnt of even managed to work out weather it was a tail badgage, or a leg one:eek::rolleyes:

xxxxxxxx

I remember when I did my Stage 1, one of the examiners was truly vile with me, made me feel as nervous and incompetent as a kitten (to the extent that I was close to just leaving because I thought I was going to cry!), and I was convinced - utterly convinced - that I'd failed. I hadn't. But you know what, even if you have - so what? You can take it again, and again, and again if you have to and want to - it doesn't mean that you're not up to standard. It more than likely means that you're not good at exams, and that's quite a different thing. Has your horse lost a leg yet whilst being in your care? No, didn't think so, so you must have a fair amount of knowledge! Chin up lass.

I did my stage 1 and went onto doing my stage 2, driving to the exam yard for the 2nd time I was wondering what the hell I was doing putting myself through it all again - could have turned around a drove straight home!

I have my fingers crossed for you - bet you did ok.

i done my stage 1 you will of passed dont worry!!! i never passed me groomin part cause they said you should use a plastic curry on teh horses main???

bless! well, like somone else said you have done more than alot of us lot could! and 2 things you know you could of improved on...atleats you know that you can improve!
im sure you will do fine...keep us updated! :D

Thanks for your support!

Still waiting to hear, I am so nervous - started doing the Stage 2 traingin (as the course started teh next day but if nothing else I will just gain the knowledge..)

PS I never ever expected it to be that scary!!!!!!!!!!

I carried a water bucket by myself (oops there goes health and safety!)

Showqua - that's exactly how I felt! I was almost close to tears at one point when trying to do the tail bandage and the bloody velcro was on the wrong side!! I am rubbish at being 'observed' it took me three goes to pass my driving test cos I got so nervous!

newrider.com