Pretty Hoof Polish/varnish

mindymoo

Feb 27, 2007
kidderminster
Hi, does anyone know where i can get my hands on some coloured hoof polish ( stuff you paint on that looks pretty and girly ) i have seen some called "twinkle toes" i think but its in the USA and they don't ship it here. Its not for me :eek: its for the young girl that rides one of my ponys, i think she'd love to make "him" look pretty, don't know what he'll think though . . :)

Don`t believe it`s not for you :D:D
Try the Old Dairy Saddlery (www.olddairy.com/ co.uk?) - google to be sure.
I have recently got some `purple` spray for my 3 year old daughters pony, they are down the road from me, hence unsure of the website
I was tempted with the `pink` for my 16.2hh ISH though:D:eek:

You can get it on www.hyperdrug.co.uk just type twinkle in the search. Loads of other good stuff on there too. Cheap wormers and lots of horse stuff. I have used them many times and found their service really good.

someone is selling it on Ebay - or was last week!

we have some

but you need to take it off with nail polish remover - which isn't that good for their hooves to be blunt but for the occasional show :D

Thanks for all your replies! poor pony, i feel sorry for him already :). She doesnt take him to shows just hacks him around the village so im sure he will create a stir among the locals lol .

I am glad this has been posted, Nat wants some in glittery pink for her pony for xams - poor little man! He already has to cope with pink saddle cloths and pink head collars and pink hair bobbles (not plaiting bands - hair bobbles!!!) in his mane!!!!!!:eek:

we've got some in "confetti" - ie loads of colours!

it looks great but we only use it very very occasionally (last time was July)

I intend to use it next for the Christmas shows - poor pony

Mine would use it every day if she could!

Its very sad isnt it, unfortunately she doesnt ride my mare but then again i think she'd just look wrong with glittery hooves - she's a highland and built like a brick s*** house :) .Barnaby is a pretty old grey welshie, he already has a pink/lilac browband to contend with . . bless :)
It won't be a regular thing, probably just a one off ( barny breathes a sigh of relief )

we've got some in "confetti" - ie loads of colours!

it looks great but we only use it very very occasionally (last time was July)

I intend to use it next for the Christmas shows - poor pony

Mine would use it every day if she could!

That sounds like Nats idea of Nirvana - Rascal will be horrified at the forthcoming make over though I am sure!

Not much use to any of you, im sure....but theres a place in Donny, and in Notts(?) who sells some horsey "nail varnish"....I found it in sparkly gold/silver/pink/blue :D
Dunno what its called, and just to be even more useless, I cant remember the names of the shops that sell it:rolleyes:
But I know theres some out there!
ETA - oooh, Ive seen the sparkly body powder and main/tail spray too

hey

I supply eskadron hoof balm with glitter in ..... seems to be quite popular and a huge tub it comes in ....smells nice too!!!

newrider.com