Potential sharer report

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Well, they came, and they saw Ziggy, and the daughter took him for a 1 hour hack around the heath. She's a nice rider and I have to say my boy behaved impeccably, after a little uncertainty when they were introduced. He was forward going and relaxed out on the hack and they both admired his lovely face and generally kind manner.

They are keen and the lady is coming to watch my lesson tomorrow and have a go on Ziggy herself - with my RI there :wink:.

So why am I feeling depressed? He really, really needs the exercise - and I need the help - but he's mine, and I am jealous of him :cry:

I see why Joyscarer and others would just pay someone to exercise their pony for them ...

I was a bit jealous when I had someone riding Izzy for me. Even though I knew it was the best thing for him at the time.

Just remember he is your horse and he will always love you best! I know that is totally putting human emotions onto your horse but it makes you feel better. :wink:

And, it's only a share, you can end it whenever you want to.

Oh dear - that actually is very good news IMO. But you have my total sympathy.

When my friend was over here trialing JJ she asked to have a little spin around the field on Dolly!:unsure: I agreed, of course, she is my best ever riding buddy...but I was actually not too happy at all!:redface: Especially when she came back and complained that she wasn't nearly as good to ride as JJ - not comfortable, not such good paces etc. etc.

One mans meat is another mans poison as they say!:giggle: Just as well she was buying JJ and not the faultless Dolly Dumpling!:angel:

I have to agree to the suggestion of paying someone to ride him for you - sorry as I know that's not what you want to hear:redface:

I struggle with myself to let people ride either of my horses but as Archie can now only take a very light weight rider - I dont have any choice! Heaven forbid I should actually share my horse i'd :cry:

These people do sound ok though - you can only try and see how it goes - if it doesnt work, call a halt to it,

I agree - I would absolutely hate someone sharing mine - selfish, selfish me!! But he is mine, considerable quantity of warts and all, and I would be jealous! How sad am I!

they sound really nice, hope it works out for you. I completely understand the feeling.... even though i have said that - and hope i still would - let mine go into working livery if it was best option for him...

keep us posted jane, thinking about you.

anne x

newrider.com