possibly a dumb saddle question.....

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
but i'll ask anyway ;)

tobs GP saddle is a Jeffries XW. i'm on the hunt for a dressage saddle and it crossed my mind at the weekend that if he takes an XW in the hawk event, would a jeffries XW dressage saddle fit him also?

maybe its a really stupid question.....

it would most ptobably fit him, but dressage saddles tend to have a higher, cut back pommel, so that may need to be taken into account.
it is easy to change what would be a gp saddle tree into a dressage tree, just by changing the angle of the webbing in the seat to make it deeper, so it is possible it would fit. trying one on would be he best method.:)

thats what i thought. thanks :) now all i need is to find a decent second hand one, which is proving hard! theres only 1 on ebay which is the wrong fitting and colour :rolleyes:

I have to disagree, dressage saddles should be made with a different type of tree, its not the seat only No Angel.

A brand that fits is most likely to however I wouldent ever take it for granted, my old horse had Zak's current Albion, but an Albion dressage in the same size and width did not fit him at all, its also the model to be considered.

Worth a try, but I wouldent buy one and then find out, maybe see if any local saddleries have got one they can try? You dont have to buy off of them?

newrider.com