Possible share - any advice?

NVA

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Ah, I'd forgotten how addictive this site after some time away...
Anyway, I was browsing on the internet for new kittens (much beloved cat died unexpectedly, aged only 5, am gutted), and instead found an interesting ad. Sharer wanted for a 14.1 pony, 6 years old, short term or long term, kept on grass livery and (apparently) very good with nervous riders. OK - he's actually described as a bit of a slug in the school who will get my leg aids working. He is just coming back into work after a year off with a fetlock injury and the owner wants someone to do schooling and light hacking. Lessons can be arranged at the yard where he is kept, and apparently there is always company for hacking.
I've recently done the BHS Horse Owners Levels 1 and 2 so am not quite as much of an ignoramus as I was (couldn't even tack up this time last year), and apparently there is always advice at the yard. Is a share like this a good way to get started if I am thinking of buying a horse in the future? I have arranged to go and see him on Friday - any advice that anyone can give me as to what to ask / look for etc would be appreciated. The way I see it I have nothing to lose and it could work out really well.
Cheers
N

Hi NVA sounds really interesting...definately worth a look that's the sort of thing I would like to do..am hoping to find a Horse Owners course when I can get back riding..

Let us know how you get on
lol FR

Definitely worth a look. I've never been on that side of things but have just found a lovely sharer for Sennie. I'd ask exactly what you can and can't do with him, so there's no ambiguity. Check where you can school, and ask lots of questions about what is normal for him. In your position I'd also ask if you can go along a couple of times with the owner, just to ensure you understand her way of doing things. And, get it in writing.

Go for it.:) Oh, and let us know how it goes.:)

newrider.com