Possible loan, not sure what to do

Oldarida

Nov 9, 2011
Merseyside
It's a bit complicated & the emphasis is very much on "possible" at the mo, given that neither the owner nor myself have broached the subject directly :giggle:
The position is this: my regular RI owns 2 horses, one of which has recently moved to a livery at the RS yard. The other is stabled elsewhere & is the horse she wants to concentrate on working with. She did mention to me (in passing) a couple of weeks ago that she was seriously considering looking for someone to loan the one at RS, but I didn't think much of it at the time. However, last Monday my daughter-in-law was chatting to my RI while I was putting Pete away & afterwards she (D-I-L) told me that she thought RI was hinting for me to loan her horse.
It's all so tenuous I'm not sure how to proceed, on the one hand I'm quite keen to take on a loan, but on the other hand I'm worried about potential awkwardness if D-I-L has misunderstood the situation & I go charging in with both feet...
Any suggestions as to how I might be able to tiptoe into a conversation about it? :help:

Could you possibly mention you were thinking yourself about getting a horse on loan?

On the otherhand, little bit more out there.. If you like RI's horse, say "i'll have them! :biggrin:" when it's next mentioned... that's what i'd do anyway! :angel: See what they say :wink:

newrider.com