Positive Thinking Required

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Your plans for Spring and Summer.

First for it to dry up enough that I can even use the facilities that might lead to some plans being attempted. :rolleyes:
But I guess everyone is pretty fed up with the wet and the cob might be getting some flippers!

I don't really make plans as such its more of an idea that I have that would be nice to do.
I'd love to be able to take her in the 12 acre and lunge her in canter in just the halter. I haven't been able to be consistent because the weather has stopped that. But we have done walk and trot.

I don't want to make it 'a big deal' because it's not. But I'd like to her to stick around when everything is in her favour to leave and sit me on my backside. And yes I will film it because I know you guys would love to see that happen if it did. :p

So what's your ideas. Anything big or small.

Mine is just to be able to have a good long canter...my fields are so wet that I have had no where to canter. I managed a few strides the other week up hill but that's been about it.:rolleyes:

So a nice dry spell and a good canter is all I ask for and would put a big smile on my face :D

I can't wait for it to dry up, means it'll be less bother bringing Ale in and he can have a long overdue tidy up, without me putting him back out and being filthy again within seconds.

With my share I want to continue hacking as much as possible, hopefully I'll be able to take him out on a few adventures. A few nice hacks somewhere different and maybe give cross country another go. I'm just going to stick to local shows/ dressage that I can hack to this year as they are far more enjoyable for both of us

Reactions: Jessey
I'd like for my beautiful girl to come sound enough to continue enjoying her retirement. That would be the BEST thing I could have happen. Anything else, like riding Zi is an added bonus. And I sort of would love to do some in hand playing about with cobby chops, even though officially she is retired. I'd love to do something when the arena is built - maybe enter some online things together. But most of all just for everyone here tobe okay:)

So far, I have these planned....

Tomorrow afternoon saddle fitter is coming so hopefully we'll have a new one by this time tomorrow.

Sunday is our first ever SJ competition.

The following weekend is our first ever fun ride.

Thursday 3rd May I'm going to Badders, then on Sunday 6th I am stewarding the dressage for my RC's monthly show. I have also volunteered to do the same in June and July...with a view to competing in August and Sept!

Sunday 13th May, my fave XC practise place is having their annual fun ride.

I haven't got anything else in my calendar yet!!

I was supposed to be a scorer at Weston Park HT last weekend but it was cancelled because of the weather.

I am wanting to continue to long rein sox and get him back into some ridden work. Long tim, if everything goes to plan. I want to have a crack as some very low key ridden showing and dressage

I am seizing the day, the long lameness gave me a bit of a wake up. We are off to the coast/beach for 4 days at the end of the month, I have organized rides for my group once or twice a month right through till September so far, I have X-country play, river crossing ride, picnic ride, ride & camp, and a bunch of other social rides. I want to get in lots of riding/camping weekends this summer and have a couple of yards sorted to go to. I plan to go back to the beach later in the summer too. I am going to get Hank back in the shafts and hope I can get Dan out with us to keep him trim, though I am not sure if he will ever drive, but it would be cool if I could get him driving too :p I am also hoping to organize a pole work clinic with a local horse physio. Of course all these plans may fall apart at any time with Jess but for now I am being positive and making loose plans, luckily I now have a back up horse to do things with as her owner has terrible asthma so doesn't get to ride much, not good for her but good for me.

To get the right saddle sorted.

Wanted to some team chasing but most have been cancelled and I won't run her on bad ground so not looking likely.

To go on plenty of fun rides

Do more cross country schooling and have some lessons over bigger fences, possibly go on a riding camp

Enjoy lots of hacking and dry fields

Pairs hunter trials

Most of all have fun!

Arean built. Still haven't taken Chloe in there to play yet! Though I might try that rather than riding the ginger one. Having a bad day:(so maybe not in the best frame of mind to post but never mind:oops:think the honeymoon period is finally over. Hmm. Maybe it's me?:oops::rolleyes:Think I'd be better hiding in the barn with the cat for a whileo_O:cool:

Reactions: newforest
Arean built. Still haven't taken Chloe in there to play yet! Though I might try that rather than riding the ginger one. Having a bad day:(so maybe not in the best frame of mind to post but never mind:oops:think the honeymoon period is finally over. Hmm. Maybe it's me?:oops::rolleyes:Think I'd be better hiding in the barn with the cat for a whileo_O:cool:

Hopefully tomorrow will seem a lot better..go and give the girls and ginger one a hug, you'll feel better xx

Reactions: Trewsers
Mine is just to be able to have a good long canter...my fields are so wet that I have had no where to canter. I managed a few strides the other week up hill but that's been about it.:rolleyes:

So a nice dry spell and a good canter is all I ask for and would put a big smile on my face :D

Had to laugh when i read this, careful what you wish for springs to mind! we got it a bit too dry lol:oops::rolleyes: I got a few short canters uphill over the last few months but I actually only managed a good decent canter during the week as up til recently the fields have been baked hard and rutted.

Pfft....just read mine and it was posted the week before I got pneumonia and most of my plans were totally scuppered!!!

newrider.com