Poor Nugget

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Took 4 of the romanian cats in for annual vaccinations. Poor Nugget, one of the shyest ones, issues with his mouth. Either he has stomatis like little Hera who already has had mos of her teeth out or it could be cancer.

He is not one for much handling, being very anxious and nervous. Left him in overnight as couldn't guarantee catching him easily so going to do a biopsy and take teeth out tomorrow and just hope that it isn't cancer, he is not one to easily medicate.

Poor little man, out of the blue.

Vet was concerned as wanted to do biopsy as it doesn't look like stomatis which Hera has, she has had most of her teeth out as it makes the teeth attack the gums so they are very inflamed and painful and only thing to do is take the teeth out. But they were concerned about the abrasions on his cheek as didn't look right

Poor little chap. Good luck, Nugget.
he is a very sweet cat, he was totally terrified when he came here, but gradually he has tamed and been happy. that's him lying on the sofa with sam on the armrest, he is good friends with all the cats, when little Foxy came, a very small ginger kitten, he supported her and helped her settle down, she is now a brave feisty force of nature48164962_1871885372928640_2680615713659420672_o.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
he's an indoor cat,just got back, went to turn light off, he did a runner, so have spent 10 minutes getting him back in the room
I had NO idea just how ruddy difficult that can be! I've had boiler trouble and it's located in the garage. Which is really where our three semi house cats hang out. Trying to get them into the utility room and STAY in there is a nightmare - Rosy just kept bolting back out, she can move like lighting. But I can't let them in there with the plumber as he leaves the door wide open and Monster could get in and attack them!

Sounds like a plan.
or put a litter tray in the big dog crate in the kitchen and move him there as he sleeps there sometimes so he might feel more secure
Aw, that's a good idea. Lots more healing vibes coming.
He has the joy of Polly for company, I did contemplate putting him in the dog crate in the kitchen with a litter tray but the last time i did that the cats managed to get out of it, keeps dogs in but not kitties

Just had his results, the biopsy is not cancer, he is going back tomorrow to be looked at, as some of the cells may not have cleared with the metacalm or the antibiotics and may need steroids, but at least not as bad as it could have been

• Love
Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Just had his results, the biopsy is not cancer, he is going back tomorrow to be looked at, as some of the cells may not have cleared with the metacalm or the antibiotics and may need steroids, but at least not as bad as it could have been
Aw I hope he's okay at the vets, it's so stressful for them isn't it. But so glad to hear it's not the dreaded.

newrider.com