Poor Indie! ='[

Jenbee

Little India
Nov 5, 2007
Nottingham
Poor india has had the vet out today for a kick to her knee she got on sunday...

There was a small cut on her knee which looked like nothing when i brought her in so i cleaned it and put on antiseptic etc and she seemed fine and not lame, then got there monday morning and there was some swelling, so cold hosed it, gave her some bute and turned her out to move around a bit and when she was brought in a few hours later the trauma had gone down

But i got there this morning and her knee was HUGE :eek: swelling further up and down the leg and to the front of the knee :( so i decided i wasnt taking any chances and phoned the vet!

Ive been instructed to give her bute and antibiotics and keep her on box rest, which she wont be happy about!

Shes not obviously lame so im hoping the infection is only under the skin and not in the joint its self, which would make things a whole lot more serious..

Im really upset about it though :( a tiny little cut has proven to be something a fair bit more serious and i just hate thinking she might be in pain
I went to sainsburys to stock up on tasty things to add to her feed to mask the antibiotics, she still didnt seem too impressed with the smelly white stuff in her feed though :eek:

If anyones horse has had anything similar and has any advice or tips any help would be greatly appreciated :eek:

Jen x

I know that Nightxmare on this board wets some bread, puts bute on it and turns it into a 'bute sandwich' :D

Hope she's feeling better soon

x

Just wanted to say I dearly hope the infection is in the skin and not the joint. Please keep us updated and as for the bute I did the old bute sandwiches! xx

Thankyou everyone for your replies and kind words i really appreciate it :eek:

Kryss have just read your blog, vet gave me same antibiotics as the tub pictured today, though indie wasnt too impressed with me muckying up her feed with them :eek:
Hope heathers recovery is a quick one!

Im going to try the bute sandwiches :) she loves her grub.

Just crossing my fingers for tomorrow and hoping that the swellings gone down a bit more

x

newrider.com