Poor Gracie!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
After a week of keeping her in, I decided enough was enough and called the vet out. She has a crack in the skin across the back of her pastern so she was sedated so that it could be exposed, thoroughly cleaned and treated with an aqueous/anti-biotic/anti-fungal cream. She's now sporting a cling-film "bandage" to work the magic. Vet warned me that she will initially be more sore and lame because he had to give it quite a scrub to get it clean, but I am very happy that we've kind of gone back to "Ground Zero" and can now keep on top of it.

Having clipped off the feather because of persistent mites and itching, I knew having naked legs over winter would be a risk but now she'll have them grow back, because I think the mites are the lesser of two evils!!! I was applying Sudocreme as a barrier anyway, but that clearly wasn't enough. The vet did think she might have rubbed it but after finding another small patch starting on her near fore as well, he thinks she's just one of the unlucky ones that is prone to MF.

20180228_121325-768x881.jpg

20180228_121348-768x1043.jpg

Poor Gracie May! (and my poor bank balance!!!)

Oo bless her, that split does look like more of a chapped skin effect, hopefully now you have got it under control she will start feeling better. I have to say I rated the MTG for Jess' ongoing infection, it cleared it right up :) and it can be used as a preventative.

Oo bless her, that split does look like more of a chapped skin effect, hopefully now you have got it under control she will start feeling better. I have to say I rated the MTG for Jess' ongoing infection, it cleared it right up :) and it can be used as a preventative.
Have to agree, MTG is brill stuff :D

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com