Poor Cyrus

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
My lovely chap looked really sad today just didn't seem himself, really quiet and was standing with his head down in his stable.

Normally he is the cheeky, fun, looking over the door for any possibility of food or attention.

I was having lesson but we cut it short half way through as even after going for a chilled hack and to allotments field to have a canter and do a little bank and get out which he normally loves by time got back to yard he was just still not happy. Perfectly behaved but like he didn't have his usual spark at all.

Physically he seems fine, was eating, drinking, going to toilet etc. checked him over and no lumps or bumps or heat in legs. No signs of anthing like colic.

Poor lad think he was just having a bad sad day.

Giving him tomorrow off to just play in the fields. Going to go up early with carrots and cuddles for him and make sure all ok.

Hopefully he will be more himself them

Usually cuddles make him happy, the carrots probably moreso :rolleyes:

Going up to yard in a little while.

Hopefully he will be back to his usual self

Went up to him and he was already out so that was good as I had got a bit delayed leaving. Brought him some carrots to munch in the field which he enjoyed and gave him pets and kisses. He seems ok so just going to keep close eye on him for a few days.

Bringing him for a jumping lesson at a local venue tomorrow so that should perk him up having a little outing and he loves jumping. Hopefully with a nice day off today and fun tomorrow he will be back to normal. Friday he will have a nice chilled day as we are going to go for a little hack with my RI and her new baby horse.

Reactions: Trewsers
Awww, poor boy :( hopefully just an off day and nothing sinister. Pedro looked pretty miserable yesterday when I brought him in from the field (think he can't wait for me to go back to work! Lol!) but he was fine when we were out.

Thanks everyone, he is better than he was and seems happy but not quite as perky as normal and was lacking some energy today when brought him to a local place for a lesson. We are going to try him on a tonic (with iron in it), in his feed for a week and see if that helps.

He is healthy otherwise :)

Going to give him tomorrow off again to chill and relax in the field and just do light but fun stuff over weekend.

He needs to come for a holiday with his girly admirers:D I am sure Chloe and Storm would enjoy pampering him! Heheeee. Hope he's perky again soon.

He needs to come for a holiday with his girly admirers:D I am sure Chloe and Storm would enjoy pampering him! Heheeee. Hope he's perky again soon.

He'd love that he likes to hang out with the girls and act all cool and smooth :cool:. He sends lots of spotty nosed kisses and nuzzles to Chloe and Storm :D:D

Reactions: Trewsers
Have decided to hold off on tonic for now and see if a bit of rest and just fun shortish sessions out and about and in the fields do the trick.

Today he had a lovely long groom, a massage, some mints and then turned out in the field with his friends.

newrider.com