poor bald Ace!!

Ace87

Quitus & Strike
Aug 8, 2007
Bedfordshire
Aaaaaaaarghhh so frustrated! Ace's best friend has increadibly bad sweet itch so constantly wants to scratch with Ace, doing this he has managed to eat 2/3 or Ace's mane!! My poor ned is now pretty much bald!!

Is there anything I can put on his mane to stop Cheeks eating it or should I just hog him out?! I was going to show him in veteran classes in hand this year but I won't be able to plait him up now at all! God damned horse!!!

Helppppppppp I so don't want to hog my beautiful boy! Do you all think he would suit it? He's lost all his winter coat so is looking very handsome and sleek at the moment!

AceApr08.jpg

I love long manes but if its not all there it may look a bit daft I would say hog him, he's definately got the neck to carry it off, he's a handsome horse and will be with or without his mane

Yeah I'm gutted he looks so lovely plaited up... though he does always get clarted in mud round his mane and ears then won't let you brush it off lol..

Another thing, as he is on loan, should I ask his owner before I do it? I know she always had him with a full LOOOONNG mane (he looked ridiculous, I have it pulled about 6 inches long)

OH DEAR..!! What a shame. I do agree with shire monster though I think a hogged mane would look good on him, definately check with his owner first though.
My Welsh D Murphy has managed to absolutely ruin his mane recently too although not anywhere near as bad as your boy. Mine has only lost a chunk about 2inches wide but it is just where the mane starts to go a thinner from having a full neck rug on..looked awful so I have shortened the rest of his flowing locks by about 6 inches to try and make it look more the same but looks horrid.. his mane has never been so short. :eek::eek:

It started off as just a rug rub but cheeks seems to have realised he can get hold of his mane and have a good chew now! curse that horse lol! He's gonna look so macho now bless him!

newrider.com