pony walking - a new discipline with pics

MissMare

Mar 6, 2008
I started a thread on Saturday asking what everyone was up to. Very motivated the lot of you, I am sure I usually spend the day pottering around. :)

I was going to take Rhia out riding but she seemed to have spent the night partying and when I was giving her a brush she was falling asleep so I decided to leave her to have a rest. I gave them both a brush at the same time, one rubber curry comb in each hand and we started a 3 way mutual grooming going on. Me in the middle having a back rub from Rhia and a much more gentle front rub from Holly.

Because it was a nice day, the village was really busy so I went off the idea of driving as I get stressed with all the cars squeezing past and took Holly for a stroll instead. We started by walking to my house where she stood good as gold in the pathway whilst I grabbed the dog and the husband.
SDC11470.jpg

Then we ventured up the hills. Holly loved it, she doesn't get to go high up and see the views often as it isn't cart friendly. I'm going to be taking her out walking again though. She is such a good girl, I barely needed to lead her. OH now wants to make picnics and take Holly along to carry it all hehe. So I'm going to turn her into a little pack pony. That will keep the weight off!

SDC11476.jpg

SDC11480.jpg

SDC11482.jpg

SDC11479.jpg

SDC11475.jpg

Thanks, I know I'm lucky with the views. We fell in love with them the first time we came looking for houses, if I get chance next time I go out I will take some of the views from the top in the other direction they are great!

The ramblers loved her, she got loads of comments and had her photo taken by a big group of kids. Little poser that she is!

Absolutely fab :D I love the idea of taking a pony for a walk in the hills, and yours is definitely built for that country :) I love the pics, but have to admit I'm struggling to recognise the skyline, I'm guessing you're on the Glossop / Hayfield side? Great pics, thanks for posting :)

Absolutely fab :D I love the idea of taking a pony for a walk in the hills, and yours is definitely built for that country :) I love the pics, but have to admit I'm struggling to recognise the skyline, I'm guessing you're on the Glossop / Hayfield side? Great pics, thanks for posting :)

It's Mam Tor and Back Tor we went up Yann. :) I moved with the horses from Sheffield to Edale. The views are looking back down to Edale.

Then I should have recognised where you were:eek: :D It's a long time since I went up that side of the valley. What a fab place to live:cool:

This is a lovely thread - its good to see that people can enjoy their horses and ponies without having to actually ride them:D

She is very lovely!

newrider.com