Pony club 1st mounted rally & happy mouth bits

Snowyboy

Jun 6, 2007
Sunny South Wales
not connected!

firstly, happy mouth bit turned up and he loved it :D BUT the rings are MASSIVE so he couldn't use it - I couldn't punch in any more holes, so it hung too low in his mouth :(

He wears a snaffle with dressage rings at the mo, but he can go down to a straight (mullen) happy mouth but the rings are just too big

Does anyone know if Happy Mouth do a small ringed bit - he can't wear it - the rings are so big, they take over his face - even if I could get the leather sorted out!

Pony club - they did their first mounted rally today - and it was FAB. Daughter was off the lead rein for a 2 hour lesson. She managed to trot. She rode for a while without stirrups :)

Everyone was admiring them, and they adored both of them which was just fab

We found out he is def a full Sec A and which sub-section he is :D He is a small headed breed - it had a special name which I wish I'd written down now :rolleyes:

They had a BLAST and she is demanding to know when she can go to Pony Club again

And pony that had decided trailers are actually pony eating monsters loaded by our kind gentle method :D Not the drag him on and hit him method that was being suggested and we got him on to come home - with no hassle :D

And back on the yard, they were all saying how gorgeous our girl looked in her PC clobber

Everyone was just so nice, - its a lovely PC, really really friendly and helpful

So glad today happend - it was just fantastic

He's been wormed now, so he's in for 24 hours for a well deserved rest!

Girly has gone to sleep soooooo happy. Makes the 6am mornings worth it I can tell you

Last edited:
I bought the smallest sized happy mouth bit for Rascal and the rings drowned him. So much so that his mouth was not happy at all, it was uncomfortable. He is just in a rubber loose ring snaffle now which I had to go and beg for off his previous owner as it has small rings.

So I now have a 4 1/2 inch happry mouth if anyone wants it!!!

Hopefully Nat will be going back to PC (West Lancs Ince Blundell) soon with her new pony. He was a star whene she rode him today so Im on a high too. So much so I spent £187 in Robinsons after she had ridde. (seperate thread)!

LOL! You are as bad as me :D We should start the naughty Mummy's thread;)

Guess who else is going to be selling a 4.5" happy mouth - mullen :rolleyes:

Really upset as otherwise its fantastic!

Might see if the local tack shop can get smaller rings put on it

going to read your thread - makes me feel better about my spends ;)

newrider.com