(Poltergeist voice!) They're here!

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Big thank you to Eric Gillie and John Parker and Iceland air et al, for delivering 4 horses in tip top condition and in handling Miss Stressy pants.

Photos will follow.

Here's two of them, Hetja and Esja.

THe stallion and gelding have got on really well in the same stall travelling so Frances took them over the Thordale and has put them out over there together to chill. The little filly is a bit stressed so I just drove straight home, into the back garden and let them out there for them to chill out a bit and for me to get near the baby.

HetjaEsja033.jpg

HetjaEsja024.jpg

HetjaEsja010.jpg

No, Wally quite clearly gave the impression that it was two ...

Glad they've arrived safely - they flew!!??

And how beautiful is that chestnut mare!!

Did I, oh dear? Perhaps I was econimical with the truth..........cough cough!

Yes they flew, There are no boats anymore, Apparently a plane full leaves Iceland each week in transit to various locations in Europe and a very few to the USA.

Hetja is a very beautiful girl, and not only a stunner to look at but an amazing horse to ride. POWER!

Klaengur and Tactur
tacturandKlaengur.jpg

Last edited:
I thought there were 3 for some reason?! So are you starting a Shetland Icelandic breeding program then? (the place obviously, not the mix of the two!)

They are all very beautiful!!! :wub:

They look really nice.

Gosh, isn't it remote where you live - just two houses there? Does look nice.

We farm in Devon, but there are loads of properties all over the place here!

They look really nice.

Gosh, isn't it remote where you live - just two houses there? Does look nice.

We farm in Devon, but there are loads of properties all over the place here!

If you look in the background there are a few more houses, the little white house you can see is also mine.

What a difference half a day makes. We left them to it today, they made it quite clear they were not at home to visitors.

I have just been to top up their water and Hetja was very keen to come up and chat, and brought Esja with her. A slice of bread and some tea loaf sweetened the pot, though Esja would not take it from my hand, far too frightened yet.

success, just sat out there tonight at the back of ten, Esja finally got brave enought to come up to me and sniff me. Tomorrow she will be taking bread from my hand,

newrider.com