Polish Warmblood

Accy

Accy's Slave
Nov 15, 2006
Somewhere COLD and WET
Hello All,

I am very new to this forum so apologies if this is in the wrong forum for starters, I am a mature rider only came back to riding last year after a few years off, I have recently purchased a Polish Warmblood and as i havent seen many about i was wondering if any others here have one or experience of them... All advice appriciated:)

An advert of a person selling Polish Warmbloods if anyone is interested. I would like it known that I do not recommend this advert or sellers in anyway. Just posting a link to the sellers of Polish Warmbloods for interested posters who have never heard of Polish Warmbloods.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! :)

I don't have any experience with the breed, although I had heard of them and from what I've seen in photos, they look lovely. Can you tell us some more about your horse? What do you hope to do with him/her? And...most importantly...any pictures? :)

My mare is a 10 yo bright bay thoroughbred/quarterhorse cross...and in a few weeks, I'll have had her for 3 years. :)

My boy is three and a half years old only just broken, at the moment we are working on walk and trot under saddle and canter on the lunge, He is approx 16HH at the moment and developing well, I am planning to do dressage with him and some jumping but more dressage as his paces are stunning.

I have heard that polish warmbloods have a lot of arab lines in them and i would say this is prob very correct as when you look at him you can see the infulence in the way he carries himself.

He is chestnut with an almost flaxen main and tail and in summer coat he has mottled white legs totally stunning but then i am biased!!! piccies to follow soon

Hi Accy,

Welcome to NR - hope you like it here.

I've got a 4 yr old Dutch WB called William. He's a pale chestnut with flaxen mane & tail... I love that colouring!

I have just put my mare to a polish warmblood. They are heavier in build to dutch warmbloods, and more laid back. They make great alrounders. They do tend to be coloured.

Hi - I have a Polish warmblood, he is the second that I know of, both were solid colours, mine is bright chestnut and my friends was bright bay. Both were very tall - mine os 5 and 17hh and my friends was about 12 but was about 18hh. Temperment wise they are both exceptional and they both have lots of bone. Mine unfortunately seems to have been the victim of abuse at some time in the past and he has a nervous aggression thing going on - not his fault, but you wouldn't ever turn your back on him!! I believe that they are pretty much the same breeding wise as Trakeners, but would love to hear more about anyones?? :D

I had a warmblood, someone said they are cross between cold blood and hot blooded horses??? - I found them to be very needy and not hardy at all so would not have another one. Nice paces often very long.

I had a warmblood, someone said they are cross between cold blood and hot blooded horses??? - I found them to be very needy and not hardy at all so would not have another one. Nice paces often very long.

All warmbloods are breeds developed from crosses between cold-blooded and hot-blooded horses: that doesn't mean that if you cross your Shire with an Arab you'll get a warmblood. You might get a lovely horse, but it will be a lovely cross-breed:rolleyes:

I have only ever met one Polish warmblood, when we were looking for a horse for my daughter. He was coloured, and very beautiful - typical warmblood ty pe, but too young and too big for Kate at the time (she bought a Hanoverian Xinstead).

Have you got any pics of yours to show us, accy? (Oh, and welcome to the board, by the way - nearly forgot!)

Polish Warmbloods

Hello All,

I have had 2 Polish Warmbloods both flea bitten grey mares. I was so impressed with the first one that was bought in the UK, when the sad time came to buy another I travelled out to Poland to buy one. In my experience they have lovely willing temperaments, are very athletic with long backs that allow great ability to shorten and lengthen strides for jumping. Both horses had/have lovely natures. The two I have had while both being as quiet as can be, both have the look of a firery ride.

I have had Irish Sports Horses and currently have a Cleveland Bay and the Polish Warmblood in my eyes beat them hands down. More people should take an interest in this lovely breed.

Polish Horse

Hello,

I have just seen above someone mention a link to Horse and Pony Direct. This is a brilliant organisation run by Mr Joe Beska (Anglo-Polsh chap). He imports a small number of Wielkopolksis, Malapolskis & Silesians (the 3 main polish horse breeds).

However in addition to this if you contact him with a specific request for a horse he will go through his contacts and try to find what you are looking for. When he has found one or several he sends some pics & vids. If there are any you would like to look at he will accompany you to Poland and take you around to look at them. He speaks fluent Polish and in most cases has dealt with the people for ages.

Then after you pick a horse and buy it he sorts out vetting for travel, the travel its self and import paperwork for Defra etc.

For all of this you only pay him about £200 or so (not 100% sure but thats what I paid) for his work then pay for the transport cost (about £500), for your ticket and hotel (Poland is VERY cheap to stay in) and obviously for the horse itself.

As you can tell this is how I bought my second horse directly from Poland. I can thoroughly recomend him 100%. He sources mainly from farmers and private people not huge dealers. You can be as specific as you like. I contacted him in late Feb 2007 wanted a 12yo fleabitten grey mare 16.1hh schoolmistress type jumping around 1m. He found one, we went over in April and she was at my home in Guernsey (after 2 channel crossings in 1 day) at the begining of May.

I have no links with Mr Beska and/or Horse and Pony Direct other than that detailed above. I do not benefit in anyway from encouranging business to him. However if you would like a cheap Polsih Warmblood (mine cost £1000) then I can heartily recommend him.

polish warmbloods

Hi
Interesting to read about all of you who also have polish warmbloods
Mine is great, he is now 9 I have had him 18months and we are ok together
he is lovely and calm most of the time just odd days he has when he is not so chilled and can be nervous needing a lot more confidence from me!
I am a mature rider returning to being an owner after a long break, but am still very keen - just have not the confidence or stamina to do what I used to !
Mazurek is a bay roan with one white sock he is about 15.2 and he does look very arabian when he prances round his field! I am concetrating on dressage but he i a lovely honest jumper too. sadly he developed an abcess and had to have an eye removed but amazingly he copes superbly without it!
great to hear from other owners
Debbie K

newrider.com