Pointless post but very happy weekend!

tbaynancy

Jul 27, 2009
Had my first lesson in a while (just haven't been able to schedule anything, not from lack of interest or need) and Rusty was a champion. While I was warming him up, he had a major spook, happily I managed to stay on, and then was walking around "eyes on stalks" on tippytoes. RI had us get to work - she said best thing to do for a horse like him, is give him a job to do. She was right - he settled right in.

Cause of the spook? We're getting frost overnight, and the pair of ravens that lives at the barn, climb up on the metal roof and slide down, creating quite a racket when they do. I'm not kidding - YO has seen them do this. We really need to get a video. They're having fun but to Rusty it's like the hounds of hell are after him.

Second reason I'm smiling ..... got tickets to the Rolling Stones in Newark Dec. 15th! Yes, I'm too old to be going to a rock concert, but if they're still able to play, I'm still going....

Awh nice to hear things went well Nancy, and very jealous of your rolling stone tickets!!
So have you bought any new lime green items for Rusty's wardrobe?! Dp we get photographic evidence?!

Second reason I'm smiling ..... got tickets to the Rolling Stones in Newark Dec. 15th! Yes, I'm too old to be going to a rock concert, but if they're still able to play, I'm still going....

Well, if they're not too old to play, you're certainly not too old to listen:dance:

Congratulations on staying on through that spook! What did you do to distract him? My RI tends to get me doing lateral work when Hebe is spooky, but I suspect she's distracting me rather than the horse ...

Well, if they're not too old to play, you're certainly not too old to listen:dance:

Congratulations on staying on through that spook! What did you do to distract him? My RI tends to get me doing lateral work when Hebe is spooky, but I suspect she's distracting me rather than the horse ...

Hmmm... what did I do??? How about saying "Whoa" and clutching on to the safety strap for dear life :redface: RI wasn't there at the time, when she came in and I told her about it, she had me walk him by that corner, back and forth, until he got bored with it.

newrider.com