Pointless 'isn't my horse wonderful' post

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
And quite pleased with myself too!

Gusts of 25 mph forecast...no probs we can deal with that I thought.....OMG - more like over 40 mph gusts by the time I was half way out! I no longer do bad weather hacking..... (well I do now I suppose:giggle:!) Dolly on the other hand was a saint, albeit a rather speedy saint...didn't even jump at THAT carrier bag that today was doing a fair old jig in and out of the verge! Feeling quite chuffed with us both actually! Pointless post but hey ho, little things delight me nowadays!:redface::biggrin:

Not pointless! Lovely to hear Dolly is so good! I sometimes think it is us with wind etc - letting it worry us, yet they just carry on as normal!!

Not pointless at ALL!!! Didn't you see NF's fred.... "An achievement doesn't have to be big to be worthwhile". Take it from ME, I'm proud of ALL the things I'm doing at the moment as I was at rock bottom coming back after my accident. It's the little things that make our hearts sing.... :biggrin:

I don't often post appreciation on the 'I love my horse' threads (i guess a like button would be perfect for those situations) but these are the ones I like best. I'm sure I can't be the only one who thinks like this?

So glad Dolly is still the saint you wanted. I wonder how long it will take before you aren't surprised by her saintliness anymore?

That’s a great post to read. I know that wonderful feeling when you know that your horse is looking after you and you can just relax and enjoy the ride. I wish that you lived near to me – Ben and Dolly would be perfect hacking partners.

So glad Dolly is still the saint you wanted. I wonder how long it will take before you aren't surprised by her saintliness anymore?

That is so odd that you ask that JS - when I got back this morning I was thinking "just how much more does this poor horse have to do to convince you to trust her?" :redface:

She does the odd spook now and then..and very occasionally we run backwards when the monsters jump out of gateways etc! But absolutely nothing I can really criticise her for (she isn't a machine!).......I think I have had too many horses and become too cynical and just never felt I would feel so safe on another horse as I did on Solomon.......

However......I am starting to believe in her and I as a team, and move on from Solomon.....I think that may have been my stumbling block for a long time, maybe even as long ago as when he was first retired?:unsure:

Roll on tomorrow - cant wait to ride again!:dance:

Ooohhh you are brave, well done you and well done Dolly, those carrier bags are famous for being untrustworhty and viscious beats!

newrider.com