Please pray for Millie

It's little short of miraculous how quickly they can turn around sometimes, clearly the prayers weren't wasted. A huge well done to you and your vet.

She is bouncing, tail wagging, giving paws, dashing around, eating everything given to her and sometimes stealing the cats' food....really thrilled at how well she is back to her silly Milly big clumsy lump.....she likes the handmade treats not your standard dental chews. We are now trying to wean her out of the bedroom, she guarded the door most of the night...

She did an hour up the forest with Harrison off the lead on the stubble field, had a lovely time, she is lively, lots of tail wagging and big smiles, paws around your neck and licking you to death. Such a sweet poodle. Fingers crossed we have it under control and she will have a good life now and a few years with us. She isn't Kim, very different, good for Harrison. He is still a bit quiet, still grieving, but sharing his walks with her helps

• Love
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
She has progressed to being allowed off the lead on walks, very carefully, as she has a strong prey drive. First of all solo, then couple of days ago with Harrison. Armed with luxury dog treats, she does come to recall and sit and have a treat. She does tend to hare off but doesn't go far and keeps looking back and when you call her she trots or ambles up obediently. As far as we know she has never been off lead as her previous walks were around a park or in a town, so nothing rural. She is daft as a brush at home, if you are working down at the yard, she is on the sofa in the sitting room and when she sees you coming back, she howls then dashes to the kitchen door to greet you with paws around your neck and big kisses. She is an adorable big daft girlie poodle very frilly totally unlike Kim...

• Love
Reactions: Huggy
She has progressed to being allowed off the lead on walks, very carefully, as she has a strong prey drive. First of all solo, then couple of days ago with Harrison. Armed with luxury dog treats, she does come to recall and sit and have a treat. She does tend to hare off but doesn't go far and keeps looking back and when you call her she trots or ambles up obediently. As far as we know she has never been off lead as her previous walks were around a park or in a town, so nothing rural. She is daft as a brush at home, if you are working down at the yard, she is on the sofa in the sitting room and when she sees you coming back, she howls then dashes to the kitchen door to greet you with paws around your neck and big kisses. She is an adorable big daft girlie poodle very frilly totally unlike Kim...
And really, it's perfect that she's so different isn't it? I couldn't be happier that Hogan is the polar opposite to Ramsey. I think it reassures one that there's no intention of "replacing" that special pet.

Was Millie from a poodle rescue place @diplomaticandtactful . I know you got her fairly quickly and you have Harrison. I ask because my mum has wanted a standard poodle for sometime. I know you are a long way from me, but i want to look at possibility from a poodle rescue. So if you have any good links i can look at i would be grateful. Whilst i have said i am not having another dog until Floss and Abbey have left us. It wont be long till we have to say goodbye to Abbs. I really want another working collie but might consider a poodle as well.

newrider.com