Please help breeding experts!!!!!

jessie123

May 12, 2004
Sussex Girl
Visit site
Hi Everybody
I'm afraid I haven't been on here in years but could really do with your help :smile:

I have a mare that has been confirmed pregnant, she's been due for a month, she is on day 380 now but she still has no udder at all and her profile from the side looks like a non pregnant mare but when you look at her head on she's HUGE!!!

The inside of her vulva has changed from white to dark red, still no slackening of the hindquarters nor belly dropping into v shape I keep reading about, but her vulva is swollen and relaxed, she is a cribber so I'm assuming this has kept her trim, the vet says she is carrying high and long.
What I'm asking is whether any of you seasoned breeders have had similar experiences to what I'm going through now as this is driving me NUTS!!!!

Thanks in advance
Jess x

Not much help to you but I will wish you luck, from my very sparse knowledge think the Vulva colour is a pretty good indicator not far away - any good news today!

I thank god have been spared further hair loss, I have just spent 6 weeks on is she isn't she, blood test has just confirmed not - I can at last relax.

My Pony is called NUTS and that was the way I was heading.

Some get an udder, some hardly anything at all. Velia was running milk this year, Melinda only bagged up onece the foal was on the ground.

Some go triangular, some don;t look in foal. They are all so different, foaling to foaling.

No I didn't have a later scan as we have no electric mains, the vet said she would have to be sedated to have a feel, there's no doubt something is in there as today one side of her belly was high and the other side low, it looked very odd lol:smile:

She has been rubbing her bum a lot today and did about six wee's in the space of an hour, she's also become very needy following me around the field insisting on her bum and belly to be scratched :frown:

Things do look like they're on the move and the swellings in front of the udder were much bigger today I'm relieved to say, vulva very dark red today also :smile:

Thank you peeps for your replies, it helps to soothe my nerves :smile:

newrider.com