Please help, Advice needed on turnout boots!!

zippytys

Sep 30, 2007
I'm at my wits end!!

My TB is CONSTANTLY knocking her legs in the field and I just don't know what to do anymore.

I've tried putting exercise bandages on her when shes out but it's very time consuming re-doing them am and pm. I've got woof wear brushing boots for her but they don't protect the pastern area.

Can anyone recommend some supportive turnout boots please? Any other advice welcome!!

Last edited:
turn out socks by sportbac are good, you can wash them in the washing machine but don;t tumble dry 'em, the velcro stops being sticky :(

turn out socks by sportbac are good, you can wash them in the washing machine but don;t tumble dry 'em, the velcro stops being sticky :(

I would recommend the sportabac turn out socks - I used them for 2 winters to prevent mud fever - and they are still going strong - velcro is comign loose in places now, but can't complain!

I have the equilibrium hardy chaps as they are much more robust and also help with the mud fever.

Ki has had his for two years now and I love them.

I also use them for travelling as they are better than travel boots!!!

Nikki xxxx :D

I'd Recomend Sportabac too :)

Have had mine three years now, prevent injury and mud fever, I just replaced the stitching on the velcro straps this year and they're ready to go again.:D

Another vote from me. I think they're great! Used them every day for 6 hours of turnout on a horse who does a lot of bucking and galloping around, and they lasted for months, even through a bad winter. I put silver duct tape around the fastenings velcro just to keep them a little more secure, which also keeps the velcro relatively dry when the chaps get wet (and in the winter it made him easier to find in the dark!)

newrider.com