Please give your horses a huge hug tomorrow -he's coming home!!!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Truly awful day. My share was not right this morning, colic. Vet tried throughout the day to clear it but he kept getting worse.

He's just got out of surgery now, it went well so that's the positive. I watched because this all doesn't feel real and at the same time I didn't want to leave him. Waiting here with his owner to see him and give him a big hug when he comes round.

Please please all keep your fingers crossed for him everyone.

He's standing and they are happy with his progress. Not allowed to see him as he way still in recovery at 1.30 but we got to see him on a screen. He's in the best hands but I just can't wait to see him, may be a couple of days sadly.

His colon had flipped sides and twisted 360 degrees so he was in a very bad way.

Reactions: MrC
Oh Ale! How awful for you (and everyone!). I'm so glad the surgery went well. Fingers crossed for a good recovery xxxx

Reactions: MrA
Thanks guys, no news is good news the surgeon said and his owner has not had a phonecall overnight, everything crossed!

Keeping everything crossed, what an awful night for you. I do hope you get positive news from the vets throughout the day and that you're allowed to see him soon x

Oh how terrible for you all. I really hope he continues to improve. I guess this will mean some box rest for him when he comes home. Poor boy.xx

Oh goodness, how scary for you all. Glad to hear the surgery went well and recovery was going well. Healing vibes coming his way xx

What a horrible thing to happen and one of the things we all dread so much. I really hope he pulls through and so sorry for you and the owner :(

I hope it all goes well. Sadly I lost mine after surgery.
He has a long road to recovery ahead.
The digestive system is such a crap design!!

Thank-you everyone, latest update is he's still doing well. His owner is on the way there now so will hopefully have more of an idea soon. Still just can't believe it. Hopefully I can go up and see him tomorrow, cannot wait

Oh Ale, sending lots of healing post surgery vibes to your share and hugs to you and owner. What a shock.

Gosh that's almost exactly what happened to Ziggy, really hideous and not a good chance going in to the op but fingers crossed that he comes out of it as well as Ziggy did. It's a long rehab but from that perspective Ziggy is fine now, as good as he's ever been. Good luck, healing vibes to your lovely share horse.

newrider.com