Playing Chase

Hoof_hearted

Aug 29, 2017
Does anyone else Chase their horses around the field for fun?
Whiskey loves this game we've always played it, she'll run around me with her nose and tail in the air prancing about with all the grace she can muster. Occasionally what other horse/s she's field sharing with join in but mostly they just stand and watch.
Anyone watching me must think I'm a bit batshit as I'm springing about the field after her. But She seems to enjoy this and as soon as I stop she's straight over to me

I used to do this with my now retired PRE, he used to love a game of chase:D:):):) It never taught him bad habits for getting him in from the field. We both used to have so much fun with it:)

Reactions: Hoof_hearted
I used to do this with my now retired PRE, he used to love a game of chase:D:):):) It never taught him bad habits for getting him in from the field. We both used to have so much fun with it:)

I think it's a nice fun way to blow off a bit of steam, and it makes for nice photo ops :D

Reactions: orbvalley
Not unless I wanted to die young. :D

Mine has had a few people over with this 'game' of hers. She used to scare and chase the liveries around.
I do loose school but I need to be aware of her at all times because she can come in to drive you! Maybe it's character, maybe it's a cob thing but we both know she can and has had me over. So no I don't play with her in the field.

Yes, I used to do this with my ex-racer TB a few years back.... He was really playful and would rear and canter around me, bucking and broncing...but nothing was ever close or aimed at me, he was a true gentleman.

Yes, I used to do this with my ex-racer TB a few years back.... He was really playful and would rear and canter around me, bucking and broncing...but nothing was ever close or aimed at me, he was a true gentleman.

It's nice to see them enjoying themselves.
Whiskey always just runs circles around me and whenever I stop she always walks up to me I'll give her some attention then that's the game over.

Not unless I wanted to die young. :D

Mine has had a few people over with this 'game' of hers. She used to scare and chase the liveries around.
I do loose school but I need to be aware of her at all times because she can come in to drive you! Maybe it's character, maybe it's a cob thing but we both know she can and has had me over. So no I don't play with her in the field.

Oh wow, yeah if any of mine done this I wouldn't be encouraging the behaviour at all.
Off topic but when I was younger I was helping a woman who broke cobs in for a traveller man (he rented one of my dad's field) and I went in to the field to get one with a bucket of feed there must of been about 10 of them in the field and they were all greedy. Needless to say I never ran so fast in my life. Thinking back now I probably should of dropped the bucket haha

Playing chase with Marley in the field wouldn't work out well, he would be a bit like @newforests girl, he would suddenly decide "right my turn now to chase you" :eek::p

Mr T used to play tig with J in the arena. Things used to get going a bit, one day J must have mistaken him for another gelding lol and nipped him:eek:
I used to play with Storm too, long long time ago. Before we even had to consider preserving injured legs etc.:rolleyes:

newrider.com