Plan your perfect day

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
I got the inspiration for this from listening to Sara Cox on Radio 1 this morning.

So come on, from start to finish, what would be your perfect day?

Who would you be with? Where would you go? What would you do? Money no object but it must all be doable in a 24hr period, no longer than that.

I'll type mine up later when I get to my computer as I probably will have lots of details about food!!!!!

Oh oh oh lovely thread.

I think I would be here, on a beautiful, sunny, mild, cool day in late April. My OH would wake up before me (now I know we're dreaming!) and bring me pain aux raisins and coffee in bed. Then we'd get up and take the dogs for a walk together, perhaps somewhere nice where we don't often go like Holmbury Hill Fort or Penshurst Park. Back home via a nice little spot for another coffee, and home just in time for a bite of lunch, mm what shall we have, I think one of Steve's perfect toasted sandwiches and some nice fruit, rhubarb from the garden I reckon.

Afternoon - over to the field, where someone else has miraculously done the poo picking, and out for a long ride on Ziggy. We go all over the place and have lots of canters, and we find a log and I ask him to jump it and he does without any anxiety or fretting. Back to the field and I feed him and sit in the sun and watch him for a bit, then head for home and dinner.

We'll eat in because honestly we never get better food when we eat out and we both like to cook. I think we'll have a really nice roast chicken with fresh purple sprouting broccoli from the garden and Jersey Royals, should just be arrving now, and home made tiramisu to finish off. A bottle of champagne, perhaps a movie, total chill out, and bed.

And NO work and NO phone calls and NO builders!!!

*sigh*

Aaah - if only?:unsure: Oh will get up before me and walk the hooligans down to the horses to check them all for me. One of the sons will bring me a full irish breakfast in bed.

Then I'll get up - swan down to the horses, tack up Dolly, my best friend Esme (who has bought JJ) will appear from nowhere to ride JJ (she lives in Scotland:giggle:) Then we will hack out for at least 3 hours like we used to when I lived in Norfolk. And miracle of miracles, it will be all bridleways and beaches as it used to be - no narrow little lanes with impatient Irish farmers hurtling towards us on massive farm machinery.

All of this exertion will not leave me in the least bit breathless and exhausted - when I get back up to the house OH and I will go to a very nice little restaurant for a very expensive meal with loads of champers. I will then come home, have a little doze for an hour or so (well I AM a pensioner afterall??:redface:)

Then the most perfect ending to the day, I will go back down the fields, and Solomon will be waiting at the gate for me, I will bring him in, spend ages grooming his lovely feathers and tail, lots of snuggles while I tell him all about my perfect day. Then I'll turn him out again and he will canter off down the fields to join the herd without a care in the world.

Then back to the house, put on a silly old black and white film, probably a silly comedy with Dean Martin and Gerry whatsisname, fall asleep and sleep all night for the first time in weeks, without once waking up and feeling sad about my Solly.:redface::cry:

Then the most perfect ending to the day, I will go back down the fields, and Solomon will be waiting at the gate for me, I will bring him in, spend ages grooming his lovely feathers and tail, lots of snuggles while I tell him all about my perfect day. Then I'll turn him out again and he will canter off down the fields to join the herd without a care in the world.

Then back to the house, put on a silly old black and white film, probably a silly comedy with Dean Martin and Gerry whatsisname, fall asleep and sleep all night for the first time in weeks, without once waking up and feeling sad about my Solly.:redface::cry:

Oh Cortrasna, I am in floods now....

Aaah - if only?:unsure: Oh will get up before me and walk the hooligans down to the horses to check them all for me. One of the sons will bring me a full irish breakfast in bed.

Then I'll get up - swan down to the horses, tack up Dolly, my best friend Esme (who has bought JJ) will appear from nowhere to ride JJ (she lives in Scotland:giggle:) Then we will hack out for at least 3 hours like we used to when I lived in Norfolk. And miracle of miracles, it will be all bridleways and beaches as it used to be - no narrow little lanes with impatient Irish farmers hurtling towards us on massive farm machinery.

All of this exertion will not leave me in the least bit breathless and exhausted - when I get back up to the house OH and I will go to a very nice little restaurant for a very expensive meal with loads of champers. I will then come home, have a little doze for an hour or so (well I AM a pensioner afterall??:redface:)

:cry: Ahhh you made me think of having LL back for one more day so she could be meet the new boy.

Great thread!

WEll it goes like this......
Wake up to a still (and I mean only a slight breeze instead of the howling wind we get at our place) sunny day. Muck out the terrible two and then tack up and go for a peaceful lovely long hack. Joe no longer is lame, Storm no longer spooky and Mr T no longer ill. Along the way we stop to let the horses nibble and then head home to a beautiful (which appears from nowhere) brunch, eaten watching the horses in their paddock. (Sun is still shining at this point). Later on, after settling the brunch whilst reading Jefferey Deaver, we get changed into clean outfits and head down to Derby House for a horsey spending spree! I treat myself to a new saddle and bridle - OH does the same then we eat a slap-up late lunch in their cafe (and I no longer fear eating in public) and then we head for home, laden with goodies for ourselves and the horses.
BAck home there is an Indian take away from our fav place waiting and the horses are happy, chilled and ready for bed. We head into the caravan for a nap before the tiring prospect of watching Midsomer Murders and munching Indian food. Then we are so tired and full and happy we turn in for the night and sleep like logs...............oh, after popping out to give late-night polos to the horses...........

Mine would be:

Wake up very early to find a perfect spring morning, not to hot and not to cold but with a slight breeze.

I'd go down the yard and nobody would be there except the deer. Joy would call to me like she usually does and mysteriously be fit and in perfect condition as would I!. I'd bring them both up to the barn. Let Littles graze there whilst I got Joy dressed. She'd not need her hoof boots.

We'd do an hour and a half fairly fast ride in which they'd be no dog walkers to bugger up our canter spots! :redcarded: I'd pop them both back down the field to find the poo picking easy as it was all at the gate end the field in one place. Joy and Littles would be in their best dog mode following me about. I'd turn to leave and Joy'd call to me as I went but instead of standing there so I felt guilty leaving them she'd do a gorgeous floaty welshie trot with Littles in tow and not even throw me a second glance.

I'd get home to find that my bath had been run even though hubby and daughter were still asleep in bed. I'd have a nice relaxing bath and catch up on my forums/facebook/emails then get out to find that 3 of those padded lap trays had been laid out with naughty breakie items including waffles, pancakes, maple syrup, brioche, pain au chocolate and hot chocolate and orange juice. You get the picture :tongue:

Hubby will have called down, 'Morning Babe' as he always does and I'll somehow have enough hands to bring up all 3 trays at the same time for us to have breakie in bed, Esme sandwich style. James and I would keep catching each others eye at the funny things Esme was saying. We'd all have a hug and then those 2 would get ready whilst I took the breakie things downstairs.

Then we'd all go out and find a country show. Again it wouldn't be too hot. We'd spend some time there and then get some time cruising slowly up river on a boat taking turns to steer and finding a nice pub to moor up at for lunch. It'd be warm but not too hot and I'd love the nice cold larger shandy I'd ordered.

We'd head home in the car, our favourite music would be playing and Esme and I would sing badly and dance whislt James would shake his head at how ridiculous we were :biggrin:

Esme would then want to go round to her Grandparents for the night and hubby and I would go out for a relaxed dinner and have a room for the night so we could drink cocktails all night without having to worry about driving home or being late.

Bliss :angel:

What strikes me is that is pretty much what our life is like anyway. There's nothing too indulgent or expensive in there and no thoughts of being too far from home. Life really is good.

Cortrasna the Solomon bit got me too:cry:

joyscarer do you actually have internet access in the bath??? Girl after my own heart!!:giggle:

newrider.com