Plan b?

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Thinking about this while mucking out the boys. Does anyone on your yard have a key to your tackroom? Incase you couldn't get down? Or do you leave a spare one somewhere?
C used to be the one has the key and they would be the one I could call back on if I couldn't get to the yard. However that's no longer an option. So wondering if you have a 'plan B' or spare key somewhere so someone can sort your horses out if you can't get down?

One yard we were on we shared a small tack room and both of us had keys. Lol my fellow livery never remembered hers - she used to come and find me most nights!!!
Do you keep your food in there too???
Could you bury one somewhere???
Or keep a spare key under your car seat?????

Reactions: lauren123
After the lost keys on returning from our weekend at the coast incident (where I couldn't get my horse in her field, get in my car or my house) I replaced my field gate lock with a combo lock (it dawned on me if I lost my key when out hacking I would be screwed), I already had a combo lock on the shed. My friend has the combo and the bipper for the alarm in the shed :)

Last edited:
I have my own stables and its just me at them, but my OH and sons haven't a clue about horses, I think they are a bit scared of them, although they wouldn't admit to it :rolleyes: So I have given spare keys for my tack room which is also my feed room to 2 of my horsey friends just in case something happened to me and I couldn't get down to them to bring in or turn out etc..

The only thing in our tack room is tack, so never a problem if someone can't get down as all other horsey stuff is either in the hay barn/feed room or out side our stables.

Combination locks all the way, we have them on everything makes life much easier.

newrider.com