Physio

joellie

Apr 24, 2011
N.Ireland
I had the physio out this morning for Marley, just his yearly go over. Everything was good with him some tightness in his shoulder but apart from that all good. The physio is brilliant, he is fully qualified and before horses seemed to take over (his words) he mostly did people. I happened to mention to him that I was attending the physiotherapist on the NHS for my hip. He asked what they had done about it etc and he said "when I am finished with him (marley) i will sort you out" :eek: He said no matter the amount of exercises and stretches I did that it wouldn't completely fix the problem, he said I needed the hip released, that I had a dropped hip.

After finishing Marley he went and got his fold away couch out of the boot of his car, set it up in my yard (I'm thinking oh gawd if anyone drives in or the neighbours nosey over lol) he got me to sit on it first looking straight ahead and he prodded at my neck and shoulders (i have very bad problems with the left shoulder and neck which I never even mentioned) he said about how tense and stiff it was and all of a sudden he did a really fast movement, their was a sharp pain for a split second and the noise of the crack and crunch was so loud I actually shouted Oh S**t but then the relief was instant the movement in my neck and shoulder was so much looser. I then had to lie down and he did my lower back and again loud cracks, then he did my hip. I feel like a new woman lol
He wouldn't even take anything extra for it, he said that is not why he offered to do it...such a lovely man.
I know I am not completely fixed and will still have to do my exercises and go to physio etc but the difference he made with one quick session was unbelievable.
Marley must feel fantastic after his hour session:D

My sports massage lady includes the rider as well.
She basis a couch. It makes sense when you think about it that the horse will move under us to compensate for us and we them.
If I need to though I visit the Osteo as my lady can't do everything. The crack is amazing they should use it for horrors! Maybe they do.

It makes sense when you think about it that the horse will move under us to compensate for us and we them.

Interestingly this is exactly what he said to me this morning :D I was happy though that Marley wasn't affected as bad as I thought he would have been from my wonky hip. He also said that all the carrot stretches I do with Marley shows, he said that his type with a thick neck usually when he tries to bend the neck the back end moves too, but Marley didn't.
He also thinks that Marley is part friesian. That is now the vet, dentist, trimmer and physio have all said that, so I am happy to accept that :D

Mine can bend inside out for carrot stretches. I might be because she is too lazy to move her bum.
Did he give you exercises for them? I have a few to do that I will do.

Reactions: joellie
Mine can bend inside out for carrot stretches. I might be because she is too lazy to move her bum.
Did he give you exercises for them? I have a few to do that I will do.
Yes that may also be the case with Marley lol
No he didn't give me anymore to do, he just said to keep doing the carrot stretches I was doing as they are working :D I am just doing the obvious ones nothing special but we do them most days

Reactions: orbvalley
newrider.com