• yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • nope

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I am quite curious as to what others think about this really. The story I got from soxs previous owner was that they basically 'rescue' him. He was just in a field with another horse and not been looked after. So she offered to buy sox and that was that. When we was at our yard show last year. Soxs previous owner ,who I bought him off made the hour trip to come and see him and me at the show. She had said that the other owner wanted to know how sox was and she said she would ask me if I wanted her to know. I said I would think about it and I texted her a few months later to ask if she had asked again and she said she hadn't. Anyhow I was trying to find sox on Google and a bit more of his racing history and I found him on another horsey site. I did a bit of digging and it made me question why she bought sox in the first place. But also in her signature she has photos of sox up. I aren't sure why but the photos anger me slightly. Would anyone else have a problem with this or am I just been a bit OTT

I still have pictures of my old horses sold on dotted here there and everywhere. You have sox now so just ignore it. People can give a very thin spreading of the truth when selling horses, sob stories.. rescue stories the works. Id personally erase them out of my life and just move on.

no i don't think it would bother me. She shared part of her life with him and took photos when she owned him. At the time he was her horse and the photos are her property, so no she can do what she likes i guess.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Flipo was still being used in a picture to advertise the riding school where came from up until a couple of years ago.....I'd owned him for three years by then. There's also a thread on another forum with a picture of flip from a show I was at. You can't really do much about it tbh Lauren so no point getting upset. Just acknowledge how pretty your horse is that others have taken photos and used them!

Reactions: Kite_Rider and Gimp
Nope wouldn't bother me if a previous owner of one if my horses had a few pics on a forum of my horse. At the end of the day would you stop sharing pics of your previous horses after you had sold them on? Answer is probably no ;)

In that situ I wouldn't be upset, Jess's breeder still has pics of her on her website but I did get upset when the new owner of Jess's sire was using pictures of me and Jess showing to promote him without my permission (also pinched off my FB page), luckily I've known the guy for years and I was able to talk to him about it and he removed it from his website and used a picture I approved which you couldn't see me in!

No I wouldn't have a problem. Ben had several owners in a short space of time before I bought him and from time to time pictures of him pop up. I like seeing them actually, especially as he looks so much better with me.

I still post pics of Thyme - and she is in my avatar. She was mine once and I see no reason why I can't share my memories wherever and with whomever I want. I would be very surprised if her new owner contacted me to object.

Mary Poppinst: 2952237 said:
No I wouldn't have a problem. Ben had several owners in a short space of time before I bought him and from time to time pictures of him pop up. I like seeing them actually, especially as he looks so much better with me.
That avatar is your previous horse, doubt the new owner is fussed.

That avatar is your previous horse, doubt the new owner is fussed.

The horse in my avatar is a mare I had on loan for 3 years who I had to give up when I had my first baby. She sadly died 6 years ago - I still miss her and love to see her photos as it keeps her memory alive.

I cast my vote before reading the post as I remembered what happened to me. I've changed it now :eek:

In your situation then No I wouldn't have an issue.

What I do have an issue with as this happened to me, a yard mate (EX !) took pictures of my horse and posted them online asking for advice on tack and behaviour related questions -she was a nutter and I found them a few weeks after they were posted online and thought I was going crazy thinking the horse on there was very similar to mine ! Until I spotted my horses freezemark and several other horses in the background were familiar.

Reactions: Gimp
The horse in my avatar is a mare I had on loan for 3 years who I had to give up when I had my first baby. She sadly died 6 years ago - I still miss her and love to see her photos as it keeps her memory alive.
I debated on leaving Jack on mine but decided to change it.
You never forget them.

I actually found this sight because I typed in my ponys name and the word cob Someone kept a diary of his time at a riding school on here. I found it really sweet and I loved reading about his past/ learning more about him.

Sorry to drag up such an old post

Reactions: pony lover 500
I actually found this sight because I typed in my ponys name and the word cob Someone kept a diary of his time at a riding school on here. I found it really sweet and I loved reading about his past/ learning more about him.

Sorry to drag up such an old post

What a lovely surprise that must have been. I've tried it in the past with horses I've known but never come up with anything.

newrider.com