Photos Of Adults On Ponies....Re-visited!

Patch pony is about 13 hands, I'm 5'6"

034.jpg

100_0016.jpg

100_0013.jpg

9-6-2010_006.jpg

100_0020.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. He is a nice pony...friendly and is fun to ride. Tricky enough to make it fun, but also level headed. :tongue: He's a mixed breed, but think he's got some Hackney in him.

Reactions: SeeingSpots
Hi everyone, I'm 5 foot 4, 7 stone and just got back into riding and feel much safer riding something closer to the ground! i recently inquired about a 12.2 stocky welsh pony that seemed to tick all the boxes but the owner said i was too big! what is everyones thoughts?

Your not too big, however may look a little leggy. You certainly wouldnt do the pony any harm and so really the choice is yours as to what size you buy. I am 5,3 and ride a 13.1 my daughters 13.1hh fell pony at times and my 5,7 friend has rode her too, as she's chunky and has a deep barrel she takes up leg well. To answer your question though I really can't see a issue with you riding a 12.2, it really is down to your personal choice, hope that helps. x

This is me and my boy. I'm 5'6'' and 8 stone and he's 12.1hh. The owner may have a picture in their head of what you would look like on their pony, but until you've actually gone and sat on him nobody can know if you'll be a good fit or not. If you're really interested I would ask if you could come for a trial and see how you go together.

1.1.jpg 9.2.jpg 10.2.jpg 10.3.jpg

The days of being 8 stone are gone for me :D
You look great Joosie, I used to ride smaller ones back when I was.

Thanks guys!
I have a feeling the owner doesn't want an adult riding their pony and thats fine but I'm glad i won't look too ridiculous on something that size so ill keep on looking. Joosie i love your little guy!!!

I don't think you look too big on him at all @SeeingSpots
I must get a picture of me on Oscar sometime. He is so much fun to ride. My biggest issue with him is that his saddle is too small for my bum!

@SeeingSpots I was just thinking you look more comfortable and relaxed in the last picture where your stirrups are a little longer. Its okay they hang below his belly. I really don't think you look too tall on him.

Ponies do rock. Next time I have the choice between a horse or pony it will be another pony. You can't beat their characters and mental and physical toughness.

I don't think you look too big on him at all @SeeingSpots
I must get a picture of me on Oscar sometime. He is so much fun to ride. My biggest issue with him is that his saddle is too small for my bum!

I just feel too big in the body, like I tower above his neck unless he has his head up lol Toffee is in a 16.5" XW saddle (fatty bum) but I can sit in it ok thank god lol

In which pic or all of them? Yes they are level but in the top two pics I was riding short. I ride a little longer now and surprisingly (to me anyway) feel a lot more secure that way.

@SeeingSpots I was just thinking you look more comfortable and relaxed in the last picture where your stirrups are a little longer. Its okay they hang below his belly. I really don't think you look too tall on him.

Ponies do rock. Next time I have the choice between a horse or pony it will be another pony. You can't beat their characters and mental and physical toughness.

Yes I was riding longer in last pic, at first it was awful but I much prefer it now. :)

Hey guys I'm 5ft and about 8 1/2 stone and I'm looking at getting a little 12.2hh pony the owner thinks I look ok on her and so do a few other people but some people have told me I'm too big what do you think Xxx

newrider.com