Petition for changes in the Dangerous Dog act, please read

I actually agree with it. I study animal management at college for 3 years, and for one of my assignmentsd we looked at the DDA. That there are Alot of flaws in this law. Eg it say ' type' so ' staffie type dog' we were shown two pics of a pitbull and a staffie and we couldn't tell which was the staffie and which was the pit. Staffies make wonderful dogs but because they look like pitbulls police can and will take the dog if they think its a pitbull. My lecturer set up her own rescue to help the dog effected by thr floods in thailand. She was also saying that sometimes the police present the dog in question in court and the jury are randomly picked out, they have no experience or training/quals with animals so because it looks like a pitbull it will be put to sleep eventhough its a harmless staffie.

Ontop of that ANY dog can bit, i spoke to someone who was a nurse at A&E and he was saying the dogs that bit the most are poodles but because there bit itsn't that powerful the news dont here about it. If that was a rottie or a german shepard it would be put down. Its the deed not the breed.

You may have guessed i have alot to say on this :)

Last edited:
newrider.com