Pete attempts Horse Agility

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
Well, Pete & I have had a great week!

We won a BHS FB photo competition in week & won some new high viz.

We got a mention & a small photo in Your Horse magazine for the Hack 1000 miles hallenge and today, we took part in our first clinic. A Horse Agility clinic run at our yard - Pete was a star and even when he found it tough, tried so hard & remained connected to me.

We had some very complimentary feedback about our relationship and horsemanship skills, which was the icing on the cake :)

9pUfgkz.jpg

XA2Ialn.jpg

KgPNUpF.jpg

ggYmOri.jpg

NwhfInt.jpg

V1XAQPS.jpg

aGMRKkO.jpg

DRUiVcn.jpg

We are entered into some more HA clinics over the Spring/Summer & maybe even some HA competitions.

Just wanted to share some pictures from today.

Fab pics - I love the umbrella one too! I always wondered what horse agility was - is it pretty much the same as in-hand Trec? It looks really good for testing and building on your relationship with your horse. I know from your previous posts that Pete has had trust issues in the past, so it's pretty impressive to see how much he trusts you now :D

Reactions: PePo and Prjsmk
Fab pics - I love the umbrella one too! I always wondered what horse agility was - is it pretty much the same as in-hand Trec? It looks really good for testing and building on your relationship with your horse. I know from your previous posts that Pete has had trust issues in the past, so it's pretty impressive to see how much he trusts you now :D

It really is like the obstacles part in Trec, I think :) My long term aim is to do Trec with Pete, so this is a nice introduction into it!

newrider.com