Pet portraits? help/ideas/photos needed!

Rubic

Equine Karaoke Queen
Apr 15, 2012
Glasgow
I'm considering getting back into drawing and as I'm also trying to save some money I was thinking about perhaps trying to do some pet portraits. I've not drawn for a while though and I know I wouldn't make a lot of money out of it but figured it's worth trying. I can only practice and see how it turns out if it doesn't work well then at least I've got back into a hobby for winter!

Would anyone be willing to post some photos on here or maybe email me bigger photos that I could have a go at and practice on (if any of them work out well then I would be happy to send them to the poster in exchange for the postage cost, I'm not promising anything good though).

I just want to do pencil drawings (black and white or colour). Any photos are welcome although I'd rather stay on the portrait sort of side (head shot/full body shot). Horses/dogs/cats... I'll have a go at pretty much anything!

BN2A0443-22.jpg

Any use?

bunnies ?

Xander (rip)
Xander.jpg

Smokey (rip)
Smokey2.jpg

Magic
Magic2.jpg

anya
Anya.jpg

Storm (rip)
Storm.jpg

Sonny
SOnny2.jpg

Rose (rip)
IMG_0038.jpg

Spike
IMG_0070.jpg

Krystal
IMG_0073.jpg

Buffy
Buffy-2.jpg

Angel (rip)
Angel.jpg

chinchilla (rip)
Spike.jpg

let me know if you want anymore lol ..

Wow all those pics are AMAZING!

My cousin does pet portraits. My mum decided to commission one for me for my birthday and found out they cost over £1000!!!! So if you are good (and he is VERY good) then it can be a very lucrative business.

(Ps: Not surprisingly, I didn't get my portrait :tongue:)

Wow, thanks very much for the pictures! Will be very busy - will try and keep you all updated!

I think that's something I may struggle with - drawing to a deadline!

Haha, Thyme & me, I don't think any of my drawings would be commanding £1000! Was that for a painting? My uncle does the odd painting for people but I don't think he charges very much. He is fantastic, I honestly can't believe how good some of his paintings are and yet he works for portakabin! I suppose for some people art is a hobby and they possibly don't find it enjoyable if they feel under pressure.

newrider.com