Pet Plan Insurance - Problems with Claim

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Has anyone else had a claim on their horse with Pet Plan and found them completely useless to deal with?

They never make it clear what they want, keep asking for more and more information when if they had a properly thought out claims procedure with information telling you exactly what to do it would be simpler.

I am now being chased for the vets hospital bill, submitted almost a month ago, and still not a penny from them, and just told they will send it up to claims and get back to me tomorrow, then tomorrow comes and no one rings.

I have a number of mine insured with them but when it comes to renewal anything that can be changed i.e. not on a veteran policy, is going to be changed as I just can't be bothered dealing with them.

KBIS were SO MUCH BETTER i am so sorry i changed policy to get 'alledgedly' better cover.

Don't know about PetPlan Insurance (although my dog is insured with them), but I claimed about a year ago with E&L and they took well over 2 months to pay out.

They didn't ask many questions though, just took ages.

I found petplan were pretty good in paying out?

I used them when my old pony had laminitis and they didn't query anything, and paid out within a month.

E&L are notorious. I am just finding them frustrating to deal with as they just keep asking for more and more and more, and then you tell them they already have it, and you don't know what more they could possibly want!

I too found them fantastic sorry! Even though I had declared sweet itch they still pod out for allergy testing etc. They paid within a week both times, but I paid for treatment up front, not sure if that makes any difference? What I *** think was not sure if they have time scales for continued claims? New claims have to be decided on quickly and pro formaa within 72hrs. But took longer to receive second claim payment.

they would not pay for a field survey to see if we could find the toxin, nor the transport to vet hospital, nor testing the others to see if they were infected.

it was also done on proforma and they have messed absolutely everything up from start to finish and i am about £1000 out so far and not a penny back.

I also had a total nightmare with them, they were dreadful to deal with.. they asked for more and more info each time and never were clear, never returned my calls when i called them for updates. and they only paid 525 on my horse when he was insured for alot more, I've moved away from them

I am going to cancel all my policies with them as they are utterly useless, sadly for the older horses this will not be possible as they are now over age which was the reason for changing to them, but the youngsters i will do so.

I rang last wednesday - promised call back next day - nothing
I rang this wednesday - promised call back next day - nothing
Rang again today call back information not sent up, so nothing actioned.

No one in customer services to complain to.

I owe the vet hospital £700, her drugs bill is £250 a month at the moment and I need to know if she is covered plus i have personally paid out £550 so far to cover getting her to hospital - not covered - and the excess.

They are a complete waste of time, couldn't organise an event in a brewery.

Also hung on waiting to speak to someone for 25 minutes.

newrider.com