Pet names

Hogans registered name is Fiddlesticks -I tend to call him Bub, or Bad faced boy, depending on his or my mood.Ramsey was always Sweet boy.
IMO when I've seen pics of Hogan, Hogan suits him SO well. My head hurts a little trying to imagine him being called Fiddlesticks. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
If my horses have any registered names than they have been lost by previous owners. However I have renamed 2 of my 3 mares. Poor Magic, her name was just Pony. Pony the pony. I had to change that as it did NOT suit her. Hulaberry was named Sparkles. Did not fit her in the slightest so my husband named her Hulaberry as I couldn't come up with anything. Its a type of white strawberry with red spots (tastes like pineapple), like the flea bitten rose gray mare she is.

Each of my pets and livestock always gets a name and then eventually gets a nickname if they have additional personality. I have some hens that have NO personality or else their original name suits them so well they never earn a nickname. Like a few members have said so far sometime the nickname is for good traits and sometimes it is for bad. Lol!

Hulaberry~ Freight train or M'lady Freight train

Stellaluna (mini pig)~ Squish pig, Smoosh face, Stella, Sweet Honey Ham, Pork Dumpling, (side note: I do NOT eat pork)

Big Red (Ameracuana Rooster)~ Cowboy. He earned this nickname because he jumps on Hulaberry's back and goes for a ride everyday! This makes me incredibly jealous bc I don't get to ride as much as he does. ???

The only livestock I never name is the meat chickens, game fowl, and waterfowl. They are raised to be eaten.
Hulaberry is definitely my favourite!

Reactions: Margie and Magic
Hulaberry is definitely my favourite!
I'm glad to hear that, hopefully her name puts a smile on your face. When I brought her home I couldn't think of a name bc I was determined she was to be PTS. But the vet determined she just needed one surgery. So she went in for surgery but she has a slight heart murmur so I was still expecting her to not come out. But she did and its been a couple months and she's all healed up and feeling good again. Now I can't imagine life without her, I'm making plans for her and buying tack. :D?

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
newrider.com