Pessoa training aid..?

Sophie..*

Oct 6, 2007
Warks.
Iv been told by back doctor i need to use this to get dougs topline better. So i know what they look like. So can somebody pelase explain hjo i put it on and do i just use it how i would normally lunge a horse..? Also how much do they normally cost..?

Sorry for all the questions :rolleyes:

They usually come with instructions with diagrams so its easy to put on. (i got them with mine anyway)

Genuine pessoa about £80.00 you can get cheaper versions but some say they dont work as well but ive only used the pessoa so dont know!

Find someone with one to try to start with we really like using ours but one of our horses disagrees violently.

We often give people lessons where we start the horse off for them and show them how best to adjust it, may be a cheaper/safer way to start as you don't want to be doing it everyday. Perhaps phone around a few trainers ?

i got a "not pessoa but similar" one of ebay for about £45 and it is nearly exactly the same as yard owners pessoa!! hope this helps, definitely worth the saving coz £80 for some bits of string is blooming expensive!!;)

I agree with EML - see if u can borrow one or at least get a 2nd hand one from ebay to try first, as my horse absolutely HATED it. For lunging I now use a harbridge on a v loose setting instead and that seems to do the trick. I think he felt a bit claustrophobic in the pessoa.

The pessoa, john witaker and derby house are all exactly the same.

Pessoa is around £80-£100 Does not include a roller but has real sheapskin around the quarters

Jw is £80 Includes a neoprene roller not sure of the bit goes wound the quarters is sheepskin or not

Derby house one http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/prodshow.asp?id=2257&cat=2&scats=49,99 is £69.99 This comes with fleece lined padded training roller with 10 D rings only difference is the skeepskin is not real around the quarters.

The john whitaker or derby house is the better buy as they come with a roller (unless you have already got some) the pessoa dosn't. Apart from that they have the same action and do the own job. IMO wouldn't trust the cheaper ones.

Well I have a cheapy one from ebay and it is fine! :p

I bought it to see whether I would use it and would then have spent out the £80 to buy a 'decent' one. I didn't need to.

newrider.com