Perfect spot for the ring woo hoo cant wait

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
AHHHHHHHHHHH its getting closer if all goes as scheduled we close in just over 2 weeks !!:D:D:D:D:D
I CAN'T WAIT.

We were over making plans for the night areas and dividing the goats club house for my big boys and the
babies.;)
I think we have a good plan in place.
I had thought to put the riding ring in the grassy field but its so good to be interacting with the current owners for sure. I had not even noticed the flat sandy are off in front of the big field since there are 2 vehicles there that will be gone. I just never paid any attention to that spot.
The owners daughter said why dont you put the ring here this was all dug out and sand put in for the cows winter area years ago and its flat. OMG lol talk about "not seeing the forest for the trees" (thats a saying we have over here" Having been over there a few times I had never even noticed that spot.
My husband looked at it (don't want to put anything in a spot that will interfere with a driving flow)
and it goes to the side of the one gate that goes in over there the drive area is between where it will be and the blueberry patch leaving PLENTY of drive room :):););):D:D:D.
So I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THRILLED we have a plan.
And it will work doubly well because we want to totally fence that field and the riding ring fence will be part of that field fencing on that side!

Its all so falling into place!!
If we just stay on the actual sandy area that shows now I will have an approx 55-60 ft by approx 120 ft ring.
My husband said if i want a bit bigger we can go closer to the stone wall near the road and come out a bit
more toward the blueberry patch as well .
I should be able to open ANY page in my 101 exercises books and do the exercise with that size???? I would think???

I think the best plan is to use my cavaletti poles etc and form out the ring as it would be size AS IS on the sandy area and see how it feels.
IMG_6008.JPG

IMG_6019-1.jpg
There is my proposed ring from 2 angles:D

We made a change to where the horses are going to be as well
Instead of on the back side of this building having to take wall sections out etc and then I cant see them
we are going to go with the 2 large bays where a door is open;).
Then I can see them from the house too:):):):):D:D:D.
To keep the nice integrity of the doors we are going to reinforce each left double door add the strip door
into it secure it in place and then we can still open the large door on each right hand side;).
They are very tall doors and we don't need a strip door that tall and i like the look of those doors.
So woo hoo I think we have a good plan there too ;):):D:D:D
IMG_5770-2.jpg

newrider.com