Peerieman Training

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
Today I went out with my friend on Posy and Peerieman long reining.

His education is coming on great, and today was his best trip out yet as finally I think we have cracked his steering and standing still. He prior would often turn to face me when standing still but today he was standing rock solid when asked. ( Apart from when posy went of for a canter!)

Its lovely to see the minis with a job to do, they have so much to give, and he adores his trips out. His ears are pricked forward all the way round and hes eager and forward going. I cant wait to get him going properly I think hes going to make a superb little driving pony for my little one and me.

Anyway a few pics of today, the burns were very swollen we have had some god awful rain, but Pm boldly went on through them! this one in particular he was splashing about and loving it! He even took lead through the first one on the beach as posy was a little apprehensive ( It was like a rapid!) but no, PM ploughed through it and told posy not to be so silly!

Big thanks to Jessey on here while were are at it. Ive had awful trouble finding a harness to fit him, and she sent one down to him. Although not all parts fit Ive managed to pick some parts of it to put to his harness saddle to make it more usable for his training. Thankyou, and it was more then kind of you.

pf.jpg
pf.jpg pa.jpg pb.jpg pc.jpg pd.jpg
and one of posy just because !

Shes turning back into a Yak !! :D

pe.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
I attempted to follow but it went over my wellies! we had to backtrack and use the little footbridge!

Reactions: Jessey
Looking good. Love the water training. Just curious, is there a reason you have the crupper on.
If I get some spare time I will start billy long reining over the winter. I want to get him in the carriage next year.

Reactions: Gimp
hes never worn one before the last couple of times all assists in his education for one

the breeching needs some minor adjustments! Harness saddle isn't going anywhere anyway at the moment its buried in a ' spare tyre' The crupper though does its job like it would be used for on a saddle.

we must take a video next time he was having a whale of a time splish splashing about!

newrider.com