Patience pays off

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
One very proud little girl. Alfie isn't keen on children petting him - he doesn't bite or growl, just flinches and moves away. My granddaughter has patiently taught him tricks for treats, let him come to her, never pushed for more. For the first time today he let her stroke him.Screenshot_20210909-220829_Gallery.jpg

Love this so much šŸ„°

Our dog hates being touched too and is quite reactive - so far, I'm the only chosen one which isn't *that* helpful but I'll show him Archie's picture to inspire his learning goals šŸ¤£

• Love
Reactions: Huggy
Love this so much šŸ„°

Our dog hates being touched too and is quite reactive - so far, I'm the only chosen one which isn't *that* helpful but I'll show him Archie's picture to inspire his learning goals šŸ¤£
When he was quite young, a neighbour looked after him overnight for us. She had 3 very raucous children, who I think we're a bit OTT with him, and possibly a bit mean. It's since then he's been funny. My grandchildren love him, and this is a big step for him - hopefully he'll start accepting them all, but she certainly was the catalyst for the change. :)

newrider.com