Passport troubles

dani_gurl

Mar 31, 2003
England, Essex
Visit site
I am currently paying for my horse in installments.

He is being vaccinated on Monday so I have spent the last month ringing the person he is registered to to get the passport. He is a registered ISH.

She never texts back or last night I got a text saying sorry I found it yesterday can I drop it off for you, I have asked her to visit a million times and she never does. She lives a good hour away but I texted her straight back saying yes of course that would be great. I didnt get a reply and i have tried a few times to call her today but have got no answer.

Starting to get abit worried now as need the passport for Monday and she has promised for the past month to post it. He does have a passport as I saw it when I went to view him, she just forgot to give it to me when she dropped him off apparently!

Is there anything I can do other than keep trying? I know they can put his vaccs on a card but I still need his passport.

Wine and cake for all those that got to the end of my ramblings and thanks xx

Technically, correct me if i am wrong, the horse is not yours until you have made the final payment, therefore she doesn't have to give the passport until this time.

You can always contact the ISH society and aske their advise.

You could ask the vet if you could get it signed either the next time they're down, or take it too them? maybe post it to them?
I have found out though that the passport must stay with the horse, what if you were pulled up by the police, and asked to show it? I know its a one in a million chance..
Whilst I was waiting for my foals passport, I wasn't allowed to take him off the yard onto the roads, until he had one..

The passport should be with the horse, doesn't matter whether the horse is with it's owner or not.
The passport is NOT proof of ownership.

Daisy_roots is correct. The Horse should not have been transported without the passport. Technically I will never 'own' Chanter as he will always go back to Bransby (the charity) but I have his passport.

I believe it is illegal to transport a horse without the passport (even to the beach/shows etc) I could be wrong!

Go get the passport and give her slap round the head at the same time for p~@s youn about (Slap is optionable)

I think this where the passport isnt always a great idea.

It can cause so much misunderstanding with regards to ownership.

Tyler has had his vaccinations and I have dropped into the vets to get it signed later on that day, however I do know that you cant travel the horse without it.

I woudl end up asking if she would prefer that I picked it up, but I know this is not always viable.

As DR said, the passport is not proof of ownership so there is no need for her to hold on to it.

Jen
x

I am in same situation paying for horse in instalments and I refused to transport the horse till had passport and have had it the whole time I have had the horse. I will do the change of ownership thing once i have made my final payment. But whenever you travel the horse you should have the passport with you.

newrider.com