Parents finally compromise

Glenda

Jun 3, 2002
U.S.
Hi, everbody. After alot of talking and calling around to every school within a hundred mile radius, my parents agreed that next summer I can take lessons. I can't wait. This site is really, really great. Thank everyone for their advice. NOW comes the hard part, having to wait another year.:eek:
Glenda.

congratulations on the compromise, feel free to live vicariously until next summer. is that summer of 2003??? if so, wow, but the wait will be well worth it...

Yeah is that summer of 2003? If so, you have awhile to wait but you can always read TONS of "horsey" books that will keep you preoccupied. Have fun taking lessons, they are awesome if you have a good instructor (my instructor is my mom, so it's cool in some aspects)! Good luck!

Yep. That is the summer of 2003. I agree that is a very long time to wait, but I'm just happy they are letting me at all. I already have one horse book but definetly getting others. This site is also another very good way to keep me preoccupied. Ever since I found it alomost all I have done is stay on it. Horses and this site are both very addictive.
Glenda.

congrats, Glenda!

Yep, read all you can get your hands on! I read every "how to ride" book I could find as a teenager, and it's amazing how much theory I already knew when I started riding. It was just the practice I was lacking!:) Good luck!

newrider.com